IGNORED

Trunk or no trunk....

Guest Wiltman33

Guest Wiltman33

Please forgive me....I'm new to venture Rider so this is a repeat post (I originally posted it in the watering hole)

Greetings all,

So I've seen several ventures without the trunk and I kinda like the look. Before I attempt the eight bolt modification I was wondering if anyone in here has already removed the trunk and if so can you share some pics with me and explain the process??

I plan on putting on an aftermarket seat but leave the antennas in place so I still get good reception...any thoughts would be great! ....and yes my wife might not enjoy the ride as much but if it's a long trip I'll need the trunk anyway and back on it would go.

Dave

I wish we had a step by step procedure for it but I think there have only been one or two people who have done it. Salty did it to his but later sold his RSV and never did a complete write-up as far as I know. Maybe somebody else here will jump in with some details.

I sent you a PM with instructions on how to take the trunk off. Let me tell you that your bike would look AWESOME without a trunk! Especially with that low windsheild. By the way how do you like the windshield? Do you get too much wind in your face? I would like to buy one but I don't want to be dissappointed. Here are some pics of my bike without the trunk so you can get an idea of what yours might look like.:080402gudl_prv:

Where does the "box" go that controls (I assume) the radio that is usually mounted under the rack that supports the trunk?

I wouldn't mind being able to remove the trunk with a quick release kinda system but keep the rack on it. I am unsure of what actually goes through that box (mentioned above) that would have to have a disconnect added to it.

That bike is quite a beauty without the top box but I use mine so much I'm sure I'd miss it after a few days. Hence, my desire for the quick disconnect. :)

I sent you a PM with instructions on how to take the trunk off. Let me tell you that your bike would look AWESOME without a trunk! Especially with that low windsheild. By the way how do you like the windshield? Do you get too much wind in your face? I would like to buy one but I don't want to be dissappointed. Here are some pics of my bike without the trunk so you can get an idea of what yours might look like.:080402gudl_prv:

Isn't that why they may the RSTD ? :stirthepot::stirthepot::)

I believe that's the cb under the trunk. You would just do without it. If you look at the piics, the cb antenna is missing and he just has the radio antenna back there.

Your right! The CB is the only thing under the trunk. It unplugs from the bike under the rear seat. I never use mine so I unplugged it and stuffed all the wires in the box under the trunk, that way I could easily hook it back up if I wanted to use it.

I really like the way the way the bike looks with the trunk off. I would like to try it but I have one little problem. The Warden would absolutely KILL me if I took her backrest off, even for a solo ride. And since she is the head Queen around my house, the trunk will stay on.....

I really like the way the way the bike looks with the trunk off. I would like to try it but I have one little problem. The Warden would absolutely KILL me if I took her backrest off, even for a solo ride. And since she is the head Queen around my house, the trunk will stay on.....

I am thinking about buying an RSTD removeable backrest for that exact reason. I need to make it out to a dealership to get a price on one.

I am thinking about buying an RSTD removeable backrest for that exact reason. I need to make it out to a dealership to get a price on one.

You might find one used, but the removable backrest is not listed in the parts catalog as a complete unit. Checking the price of buying all of the parts, looks like it might be quite expensive to buy that way. Even with 25% discount for ordering online at South Seattle Sports Plaza, it is several hundred dollars. I added it up to be $546.00. Hope you can find one cheaper!

:080402gudl_prv:

Lowflyer07

Ride Safe