IGNORED

Procrastination Caught Up With Me - Need a Stock Seat

RedRider

Called today to order my Russell Day Long seat for the RSV and was told the build date is April 23rd!!!! And it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get it built!!!! The RDL seat is built on the OEM seat pan so my bike would be without the seat until it gets back.

This creates a big problem. I have a trip scheduled for May 1st and it won't be done by then. I should have ordered this seat a month ago, but......

Anyhooo, I was wondering if anyone had a stock seat they are not using that I could borrow, trade, or buy. If you would like to trade, I will send in your seat for the RDL conversion and then send you my Butt Butler modified, OEM (non-PillowTop), studded seat once the RDL is done. For the borrow, I will send in my seat and use yours for the May ride. Once the RDL shows up, I will send your seat back to you. Would have it back to you by mid-May.

Of course, I will cover shipping (or come get it from you if you happen to be in WI).

Thanks, RR

Edited by RedRider

If I need to buy one it would be interesting if I could find a seat that was less than pristine. I sent an email to Pinwall asking if they have a lightly abused seat they would be willing to part with. All I need is the seat pan.

Ideally, I would like to find someone who has purchased an aftermarket seat and has their stock seat just sitting around gathering dust. I will make sure the dust gets blown off; whether borrowed, traded, or bought.

RR

I might be able to help you out Jeff. We are coming to Wisconsin at the end of March to pick up our new Rolla Home camper. It is in Port Washington, would that be nearby? We are travelling from Manitoba probably through Minneapolis and eastward. I have a pretty much brandy new seat set up that sits in my shed because I am using a corbin.

If it works I could let you borrow it until you are ready to return it. You would have to get it to either Russell (BlackOwl) or Grandpagak and I will collect it back in the fall or this summer on our way back from the international meet.

I might be able to help you out Jeff. We are coming to Wisconsin at the end of March to pick up our new Rolla Home camper. It is in Port Washington, would that be nearby? We are travelling from Manitoba probably through Minneapolis and eastward. I have a pretty much brandy new seat set up that sits in my shed because I am using a corbin.

If it works I could let you borrow it until you are ready to return it. You would have to get it to either Russell (BlackOwl) or Grandpagak and I will collect it back in the fall or this summer on our way back from the international meet.

PM sent. Should work out perfectly.

Thanks, RR