IGNORED

Got the Ajure "bargains" installed

Finally got a decent day to work on the scoot!

Mid 60s today and not a cloud in the sky. Ran some errands (only about 40 miles) and then thought might as well install the Ajure halogen passing light bulbs.

A side note, got tired of trying to hold the inner mounting rings in place. So being the redneck that I am I enlisted the help of the good ole Yellow 3M!!! Won't see it anyway, but they ain't flopping around in there. :missingtooth:

Now just waiting on dark to see where they are pointed. :cool10:

wes

squid installed mine last week look great. but have not rode in the dark to check them out. i liked them so much i bought 5 sets, so if any of the local bunch wants a set let me know. we'll figure out when we can install them on your scoot.

reguards

don c.

They look great.

Still haven't installed mine yet. Looking forward to it real soon.

Be careful, as some have said they will crack if you tighten the clamp too tight. Well, I thought I was being careful and no cracks, but after riding it almos a 100 miles today, I see the right one has a crack starting from the bottom running straight up the middle. Oh, well that matches the boo-boo in the left side of the fairing... :doh:

Wes,

The first set I installed cracked also. One cracked and one fogged up and I only rode with them for about 2 miles. So I ordered another set. When I mounted the first set I placed the thin metal ring behind the light and I found it very difficult to get the chrome bezel on. So when I tightened the bezel there was just too much pressure on the light assembly. When I mounted the second set I left the thin metal ring off and the bezel went on much easier and then I just snugged the bezel screw down. The lens seems tight and doesn't rotate. After 10 miles it still seems OK. You might try leaving the thin metal ring off.

Dennis

Dennis,

Thanks for the heads up. I tried leaving the ring out, but my lights have the little "ball cap bill" looking thingys on each light and without that thin metal ring they will not stay in place.

As I mentioned in a previous post one of mine (right side) cracked and when I got to the LA MD, Saturday the bulb in the left one had burned out.:(

I went to AutoZone to get a replacement bulb, which they had, but it is 55w. I went ahead and put it in for the time being. I'll see how long the bulb in the right side lasts, before ordering a replacement bulb from Adjure.