IGNORED

Looking for a tan bib for my 2000 MM

Godlover

A thought... Call Utopia.. (back rest folks) and ask to buy a hunk of there TAN Leather and make another bib. there rolls are long so maybe the two of you could go in halfs on a 12" X 54" piece. This is how I got my wifes arm rest to match the MM colors. I myself have enough left over to just that for my bike as well.

Jeff

You can get the dye/paint matched at most automotive paint stores. I got mine from Leather World in Roanoke, VA and used a sponge to apply. If you do a complete bib, then it would be better to spray. You can also get the material in stock colors at Auto Zone and Advance Auto suppy. Keep in mind that what I colored was vinyl but the same material works for leather.

:farmer:

Good idea - Not sure about painting leather myself - at one time I saw a vender here who made custom bibs that looked cool but for the life of me I can't find the link. Making my own is a thought - we have an embroidering sewing machine - hmmmmm -

Mark

Try pinwall cycle parts on ebay. They have torn down a couple of salvaged MM's. Since that piece is rubber I don't know if you can die one or not. If it does not have to be stock there is a guy on here that lives in Fla. and offers members a 10% discount. He also has auctions on ebay. He is making me a tank bib and a trunk bib right now.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33645

No problem! Just a thought though, you may try going into a leather shop with your origional bib and find out how much it would be to have them make you one out of brown leather to your specs. We have one here that will make anything if they have an idea of what you want. Good luck.

Big Mike

I want a leather bib - I already have the rubber one - sorry if I didn't make it clear! Thanks for the offer!

ok you tan bib wanters!!

call nanci rogers @ ace high leathers

530-905-0505

Nanci@shasta.com

Ace High Leathers

5738 Ager Beswick Rd

Montague, CA 96064

she already has the pattern for the venture, as her husband kenny, was a rsv owner years ago. he also had a set of my diamond cut cylinder heads done.

tell her that tall fella from Illinois sent ya!!

mike

Here's the right website for Troy's website http://tscustomleather.com/ He emailed me and said he can get the tan leather to match the MM bike. I plan to call him tomorrow and see what he has to offer. If I can strike a deal I may see if others might like a tan MM bib. It looks like he does awesome work.

Let me know what you find out. You would probably have to email the company at the link I sent you earlier. Maybe you could compare prices. I'll be interested to hear what they tell you.