IGNORED

Stebel Air Horn Mount

starkruzen

I purchased the Stebel air Horn mount and wiring from Carbon-one on this site and I received today in the mail. I got to tell you, Carbon-one does and Xcellent job with the wiring harness and the mount! They look better than professional. The mount is chrome and looks great! The wiring harness is just perfect in design and I just couldn't believe how well it all looks for just $27.00!

If you don't have this equipment, you should get. It is the Bomb!

Thanks Carbon-one! First class equipment for my baby!

Mark:bowdown:

I purchased the Stebel air Horn mount and wiring from Carbon-one on this site and I received today in the mail. I got to tell you, Carbon-one does and Xcellent job with the wiring harness and the mount! They look better than professional. The mount is chrome and looks great! The wiring harness is just perfect in design and I just couldn't believe how well it all looks for just $27.00!

Yep, all that and more if you ask him nicely. He's made a couiple items for me and they're all top quality.

Can I please get the contact information on the mount...I would love to get this done for mine as well....thanks

So how did you mount the horn, if Carbon-One's bracket does not work?

Do you have pics?

I have the Chrome Wolo Horn ..but it has the same mounting then you see in the first picture.

The Wolo has only the metal mounting block, as you can see in the first picture. And the stebel has an additional black plastic mounting block. ( 2 picture ) that will make the mounting distance different. ...I bought a L bracket by Lowes. and made the mounting hole from the L bracket bigger...I installed that bracket at the same place then when you use Carbon-one's bracket ...it's maybe not so fancy as Carbon-one Bracket. but it works for me.

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/419-3.jpg

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/data/7/large/100_0293.jpg

Glad to hear you guys are liking the harness and horn bracket.

And the bracket isn't chromed but highly polished stainless steel. minor detail there but same results. Shinny

Color01 if you add in a 1/2" spacer of some sort you'll be able to use the SS bracket.

Sorry about forgetting to put those fuses in with the harness guys. :8:

You shouldn't need one over 20 amp thou. A 15 amp works unless you lay on the button a bit too long, then it'll blow. Since I've used a 20 amp fuse I've never had another problem with horn fuses.

Larry

My chrome Stebel did not have a plastic spacer. The metal bracket, though, is apparently as long as the old metal bracket plus the spacer, because everything fit perfectly.

The Wolo looks the same as my Stebel. If you look at the length of the metal bracket on the Wolo, it's significantly longer than the metal bracket on the Stebel in the picture. I think it's the same as the bracket on the chrome stebel, and I'm guessing Larry's bracket should work fine.

Did you try the bracket on the Wolo?

I need to find a good spacer I like to make up the difference between the Wolo and Stebel Horn. Also, Carbon One, in the instructions, you state to remove the OEM horn bracket, but mine is a welded bracket to the frame. I am not going to remove the bracket, especially since I do not have a grinder or torch.

Anyway here is the sound of the Wolo horn for those of you that have not heard the sound.

Once I have it mounted and totally wired, will take pics of the setup. And I am using Carbon One's bracket and wiring harness.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtodGmaDeFc]YouTube- wolo horn[/ame]

Quote:

I need to find a good spacer I like to make up the difference between the Wolo and Stebel Horn. Also, Carbon One, in the instructions, you state to remove the OEM horn bracket, but mine is a welded bracket to the frame. I am not going to remove the bracket, especially since I do not have a grinder or torch.

No need for cutting tools or torches folks. The bracket I refer to is the one that bolts to the frame and the horn itself. When removed you'll still have the two tabs welded to the frame. Those are left as is and will clear the Stebel horn easly.

Larry

I need to find a good spacer I like to make up the difference between the Wolo and Stebel Horn.

I was in Harbor Freight Saturday buying stuff, and looked at the bracket on the Wolo horn. It still looks to me like the chrome Stebel, with a longer mount that doesn't need a spacer. Before you try to find a spacer, I'd recommend seeing if it fits as-is.

Just trying to save you some $$ and time.

:)