IGNORED

LED Light Strip

Eagle77

I purchased an 06 Venture a few months ago and it came with some LED lights in strip form. I connected 4 strips together and wired them to my trickle charger and all were working.

I then put them on my bike, found a wire that was only hot when the key is on and wired them in. I connot get them to work. I even connected them directly to the battery and nothing.

Why will they work on the charger and not off the bike??

Any and all help appreciated.

I purchased an 06 Venture a few months ago and it came with some LED lights in strip form. I connected 4 strips together and wired them to my trickle charger and all were working.

I then put them on my bike, found a wire that was only hot when the key is on and wired them in. I connot get them to work. I even connected them directly to the battery and nothing.

Why will they work on the charger and not off the bike??

Any and all help appreciated.

dumb question but have you tried them again on the charger after trying them on the scoot...???

Thanks for the ideas. I have connected back to the charager and they work fine. Black wire ground and red wire power supply. I connect the wires to the battary and nothing. I cranked the bike to get more amps but didn't change anything.

This really does not make sense but I can't think of anything else to try.

OK ----All is well and working as they should. Reversing the polarity was the answer. I still don't understand how they worked with the battery tender but would not work the same way hooked up to the bike wiring. I suppose it has to do with the circurity on the bike.

ANYWAY A BIG THANKS TO ALL. THIS ONE DEAL WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE COST OF THE SUBSCRIPTION.

OK ----All is well and working as they should. Reversing the polarity was the answer. I still don't understand how they worked with the battery tender but would not work the same way hooked up to the bike wiring. I suppose it has to do with the circurity on the bike.

ANYWAY A BIG THANKS TO ALL. THIS ONE DEAL WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE COST OF THE SUBSCRIPTION.

Might wanna check the polarity on your battery tender...:think:

Just a thought! :innocent:

Some trickle chargers are not as filtered as they need to be.... Thus some small amount of AC still gets through and the leds will light. 60Hz too fast for the naked eye to see most of the time. Probably had it reversed on the charger too.

My :2cents:

Edited by TDunc