IGNORED

Knee wind blockers

ediddy

I bought the blockers from buddy rich. The velcro on the left one sticks fine but I can't get the right one to stick. I almost lost it riding home from work yesterday. Any suggestions?

i'm having problems with both sides not staying in place, just about lost one on my first trial ride. i found some foam backed tape that i'm going to line the top of the wind blocker with in hopes that it will fit the 'contour' better to the inside of fairing. from all the good reports i read prior to purchasing mine, i'm thinking i'm the exception to that rule. i hope to get it worked out though and will be listening for suggestions also.

If you use the blocks you shouldn't have a problem. I'll send you some bigger blocks if you need them. Just PM me. If it continues to be a problem let me know And I'll redo the one your having a problem with. Just PM me and let me know which side you need. I'll send you a new one and you can send the old one back to me after you mount the new one.

Hope that helps guys.

Edited by BuddyRich

I bolted mine in place with some nice acorn nuts on the top of the cowling. Then I threw away the blocks from underneath. This way, they are very secure and I can remove them for hot season. The bolts will still be there for hot season, but they look pretty good, so that is not a problem.

I bolted mine in place with some nice acorn nuts on the top of the cowling. Then I threw away the blocks from underneath. This way, they are very secure and I can remove them for hot season. The bolts will still be there for hot season, but they look pretty good, so that is not a problem.

We need pics?????????

These blocks are the harder type foam that would be in a box like when shipping a computer or something. I did not receive the blocks as well. found some harder foam at work to use. the blocks will rest in the space between the knee blocker and the top of the air filter housing. (wedge it in place) for the down-ward) deflection.

Make since?

Here is a picture,

[ATTACH]40956[/ATTACH]

Jeff

If you use the blocks you shouldn't have a problem. I'll send you some bigger blocks if you need them. Just PM me. If it continues to be a problem let me know And I'll redo the one your having a problem with. Just PM me and let me know which side you need. I'll send you a new one and you can send the old one back to me after you mount the new one.

Hope that helps guys.

i installed the wind blockers with the blocks provided but the shields still wobbled around. the best i can figure is that the curve (contour) of the plexiglass blockers do not match the curve (contour) of the inside of my cowl - which creates a 'high' spot where the Velcro attaches, leaving only a small point of adhesion. my thought was to try to build up some foam on top of the blocker to see if it might conform to the curve of the cowling. personally i am not fond of the idea of drilling holes in my cowlings to hold these in place but am certain that would fix the problem. btw i was not complaining in my original post, i was just responding to the thread. i will either figure out my problem or simply not use them, either way all is good.

• 2 months later...
i am having the same problem as you folks

velcro does not seem to work very well

where did you get the 3m tape?

from the above info it sounds like it

might be the cure.

steve

I bought the 3M Body molding ...and it works great...found it at NAPA.

Guys , if these are falling off-there are not installed properly.ya gatta get the right curve and right angle, and use rubbing alcohol. but if already applied, to late. you will have to start over with new velcro.

Jeff

Guys , if these are falling off-there are not installed properly.ya gatta get the right curve and right angle, and use rubbing alcohol. but if already applied, to late. you will have to start over with new velcro.

Jeff

mine fell off after a few miles ...since I used the 3M molding tape ..they never came off.