IGNORED

Fair, honest Electrician needed in Birmingham, Al.

cookie

As a memeber of this fine club, I have found the most helpful, honest and friendly "friends" you could ever want to meet. I am in need of an electrician to help out at the house. I need the large AC unit rewired due to the wrong size wire used when the house was built, and I need my new garage to have a couple of lights installed. I travel alot and am unable to assist or look around for someone to help the wife out with this problem. I know the club members here network and I am hoping this could be a rewarding experience for both of us. LOL Ride safe and stay warm.

hey! i'm in montevallo and maybe able to help you out. you can call me at 205-665-5778 and leave me a message and i'll call you back. i've oof from work fro leg surgery and just starting to get around some, but if you are not in a big hurry, i'll get it done for you. i also do a/c work and look at that too if needed, don.

Cookie, if you've got some questions on proper wire and breaker size needed, just post the info from the label on the side of the unit on here and I'll be glad to help you out with that. Look for min/max breaker size, and that will allow me to size the wire properly for you. Also, don't forget the disconnect needed at the outside unit.

Another question would be- is this a heat-pump or straight AC?

Dan

thanks Dano. I had to have the upstairs unit rewired because it kept tripping the breaker and after an inspection by the elect. he told us the wire was too small for the unit, and the lwer unit was wired with the same thing. It is a heat pump, but we are only needing to have wire run from the fuse box to the inside unit, i think. LOL