IGNORED

Cool Playtoy.... PG Rated....

Condor

About a week ago I saw this WOOT item that converts older VCR tapes into .mpg files on the computor. It'll also burn the file to a DVD compatable. And the price was $29.95. So since we have a lot of classic tapes, I said 'what the heck' and bought one. It's basically a VCP with a USB plug, and some pretty neat software. ION VCR 2 PC And it works!! The only problem I'm finding with it is it doesn't work very fast. I basically have to view and record the tape in real time, but I can still let it to it's thing in the background while surfing. I just got through converting Star Wars 3 tape series. :sign woo hoo:

It doesn`t give you a hard time about "copy right" codes inbeded in the tape??

About a week ago I saw this WOOT item that converts older VCR tapes into .mpg files on the computor. It'll also burn the file to a DVD compatable. And the price was $29.95. So since we have a lot of classic tapes, I said 'what the heck' and bought one. It's basically a VCP with a USB plug, and some pretty neat software. ION VCR 2 PC And it works!! The only problem I'm finding with it is it doesn't work very fast. I basically have to view and record the tape in real time, but I can still let it to it's thing in the background while surfing. I just got through converting Star Wars 3 tape series. :sign woo hoo:

It doesn`t give you a hard time about "copy right" codes inbeded in the tape??

Nope... The FCC screen appears at the end of the tape, but at least the Star Wars tapes gave me no problem. I even checked the playback of the .mpg file. Worked perfect.

Thats cool, I spent around 300.00 for a VCR to DVD burner, and it picked up on all of the copy right codes... wouldn`t let me do it...I have around 3-4 hundred tapes that I want to burn for the grandkids... that would give the wife something to do...LOL

Nope... The FCC screen appears at the end of the tape, but at least the Star Wars tapes gave me no problem. I even checked the playback of the .mpg file. Worked perfect.

I also bought an ION product, but mine is the truntable with a USB plug and rca plugs to use as a regular turntable. I also have to listen and record in real time, but its worth it, now I can convert all my old LP's to mp3 and burn to CD. I didnt know they had one for doing DVD's from VHS.

Another option. Supposedly, if you already own a copy of the movie, you can legally download the movie from the internet using a peer-to-peer, (P2P), program. Like BearShare, Napster, LimeWire, etc.. Same applies to music, games, and software. But you might want to do some research and see what the legalities are in your area.

I also bought an ION product, but mine is the truntable with a USB plug and rca plugs to use as a regular turntable. I also have to listen and record in real time, but its worth it, now I can convert all my old LP's to mp3 and burn to CD. I didnt know they had one for doing DVD's from VHS.

The same can be done with a regular turntable or cassette player. Simply use a cable with the RCA plugs on one end and a 1/8" stereo plug on the other, or a cable with 1/8" stereo plugs on both ends. Depends on the output of the turntable or cassette player. Then simply plug the cable into the AUX in jack on the back of your computer. Then you'll need some type of software to record and edit the audio. I use Nero 7. I did this for my Mom with some of her old cassettes and eight tracks. Some of them were local artists that went out of style a long time ago and weren't available on CD.

I clicked on the link and it went to Sears.com where the price was $199.99, did you get yours from somewhere else?