IGNORED

Recent Installed Risers Members

I am just trying to get a handle on how many users have had problems with their throttle cables either being too short or too tight after installing risers (Baron's or other). Yes, I know that Baron's says longer cables are not needed, but I have read through enough posts to see that there is some sort of problem.

I plan on getting these risers from this eBay seller:

Polished Risers

I think I prefer these because they are polished, where the Baron's looked brushed.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and order a longer throttle cable...

Thanks.

I installed the longer 'everything' braided steel cables on mine after installing the risers.. well worth the extra length! I had cables pinching at the wiring in the neck area and relieved some of the problems by rerouting some of the cables and wires..

But the additional slack of the longer hoses will be well worth it..

Cheers

I had to reroute mine. I put them between the bracket for the fairing and the triple tree I now have about 1 1/2" free play in the cables .There is no binding in the throttle when the steering is turned to its stops.

The risers I used are the ones you are looking at on EBAY they are very nice and highly polished

Edited by short-haul

I have had two sets now. One on the midnight...no problems with that one. My current bike I had a heck of a time cause the throttle was binding all the time when the wheel was turned.

Had to reroute the cable to in between the front fork. Looks a little goofy if you are looking for it and know better. But it works fine until I decide to spring for longer cables.

I installed at set of 2" Baron's risers on my 2007 RSV right after I got it. All I did was removed the caps from the bars and laid the bars on the (well padded) fuel tank, slid the risers into place and installed the caps and bolts. The throttle cables don't have any extra slack in them now, but it's been 3 years, and not a single problem yet. There's no binding anywhere from lock to lock.

When I installed mine...the throttle was sticking just a little when you turned all the way to the lock. That was unacceptable to me. I think I re-routed that throttle cable about a dozen times and found that sweet spot where there was no sticking or dragging at all. All stock cables still on my bike. If you they drag a little keep working at it...you can save that cash you would spend on the new cables for safety chrome or gas for big trips.

I am very satisfied with the Barons risers both in comfort and functionallity of the cables. You are right Barons are more of a satin finish

That is a good price on a set of risers.

Here is a photo of mine installed.

I am just trying to get a handle on how many users have had problems with their throttle cables either being too short or too tight after installing risers (Baron's or other). Yes, I know that Baron's says longer cables are not needed, but I have read through enough posts to see that there is some sort of problem.

I plan on getting these risers from this eBay seller:

Polished Risers

I think I prefer these because they are polished, where the Baron's looked brushed.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and order a longer throttle cable...

Thanks.

I installed the same ones on my 96 royal star, no issues what so ever, and I have a set of the unpolished ones on my 04 midnite venture, no issues what so ever either.

gunk

Hi, Cb up in Mountain Home, Ar. I installed risers and also lowered the front forks 3/4 inch. I already had the fairing off I was able to work the cables BUT the temperture droped to 20 degs. so I have not had a chance to spend much time riding and see if I have any problems. Some seem tight but I will decide after going a few miles.

I also joined your Zume forum .

Cb

The easiest place to get them is from Rick at http://www.buckeyeperformance.com He knows exactly what you need and offers a VentureRider discount. You can still find them a bit cheaper elsewhere but you will have the headache of needing to know exactly what to tell them you need and etc. Rick knows exactly what you need and has them ready to go.

When I 1st purchased my 07, one of the 1st things I did was install the risers.

I slid them in and I did not purchase longer cables. There should be enough slack so you don't need the longer cables but I suppose it does depend on how they were routed.

I had them on my bike for over two years and did not have any issues.

I now put TD bars on my RSMV and love the fact they are much wider.

I did replace the cables to do this but well worth the extra $$ as far as comfort for me on

long hauls.

The easiest place to get them is from Rick at http://www.buckeyeperformance.com He knows exactly what you need and offers a VentureRider discount. You can still find them a bit cheaper elsewhere but you will have the headache of needing to know exactly what to tell them you need and etc. Rick knows exactly what you need and has them ready to go.

These are the ones I installed on my 06 and they look fantastic.. and are very smooth.. what a difference they make..

When I installed mine...the throttle was sticking just a little when you turned all the way to the lock. That was unacceptable to me. I think I re-routed that throttle cable about a dozen times and found that sweet spot where there was no sticking or dragging at all. All stock cables still on my bike. If you they drag a little keep working at it...you can save that cash you would spend on the new cables for safety chrome or gas for big trips.

I am very satisfied with the Barons risers both in comfort and functionallity of the cables. You are right Barons are more of a satin finish

That is a good price on a set of risers.

Here is a photo of mine installed.

Alright then.. could you describe or explain in detail what you made your support spacers with ? When installing risers, your fairing comes off the supports at the top which gives less support and the fairing usually vibrates or moves around a bit.. I usually jam dense foam between the risers and the fairing to shore it up but the wind combined with any flexing on the bars causes them to blow out on occasion and doesn't look nice..

what do most people use to alleviate this problem?

I am going to install my risers this weekend, but I went to AutoZone and bought a package of Booster Coil Rubbers (4 in a package) and will build the original risers up using these. I plan to epoxy the rubbers together to make them high enough to add support.

what do most people use to alleviate this problem?

I installed the stock rubber spacers but I had to put them in upside down and opposite sides... used a bit of WD40 to get them into place and they're still in there. That's been almost a year now.

I installed the stock rubber spacers but I had to put them in upside down and opposite sides... used a bit of WD40 to get them into place and they're still in there. That's been almost a year now.

how are they held in place in the original spot? How best to remove them from there?

thanks

how are they held in place in the original spot? How best to remove them from there?

thanks

It's just a "pressure" fit .... come to think of it...and I'll have to go look tonight... I can't remember if they're upside down or backwards LMAO! ... I'll get back atcha!