IGNORED

Enough winter already

Mikealiasmike

3 days plus with no power, luckily had propane heaters in mancave. Missed 2 days of work, electric company tells me we'll get someone out there to check it out. Well, since power line was yanked from my house above the mast I highly doubt them getting power to poles (which I might add we had numerous catch fire, blow up transformers like fireworks on the 4th of July etc...) is going to put power in my home. Had to chase down a crew working down the street from me to tell them it was pulled from house and not from power coming alone. All I can say is !!!!!Enough snow, Enough ice, Enough cold JUST ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

Might not have to prune that tree but I have a cedar tree out front that I love that is coming down come hel* or high water. It was the one that yanked the wire off the side of the house grrrrrrrrrrrr. Now lights blinking again, NOt AGAIN???? 3rd pic shows wife with hand close to wire but actually shes about 20' away. The magic of illusion.

I'll swap ya.

We got right down to 76 last night (yep, that's degrees Fahrenheit) and today we're expecting 105.

Ya sleep in ya undies, on top of the bed, windows open, ceiling fan slowly rotating and look forward to another day of it . . .

Hot, HOT - H O T !

(and BTW - it's NOT riding weather!)

I'll swap ya.

We got right down to 76 last night (yep, that's degrees Fahrenheit) and today we're expecting 105.

Ya sleep in ya undies, on top of the bed, windows open, ceiling fan slowly rotating and look forward to another day of it . . .

Hot, HOT - H O T !

(and BTW - it's NOT riding weather!)

And if your looking for sympathy from me please feel free to look it up in your Funk and Wagnalls. You know what words to look between :rotfl:. Update on forecast for us, More freezing rain, wind and snow. Oh gee, wonder if I could sleep in my undies on top of a blanket with a fan slowly spinning.... This time perhaps the house will get to the freezing point and not just 40. Did I mention I hate winter?

... for your troubles. Cool here too in Ft Collins, CO, but no where near what you folks have endured in IA. My first wife (best friend as is her hubby) lives in Des Moines, so I have regurlar reports and they all say ENOUGH of this BURRRrrrrrrr!

And I'd have the power company move the POLE, and save the tree. THEY were at fault in where the put the pole so they HAD to go through that beautiful tree!

Hope you'll be riding in cool clothes soon!

JackZ

... for your troubles. Cool here too in Ft Collins, CO, but no where near what you folks have endured in IA. My first wife (best friend as is her hubby) lives in Des Moines, so I have regurlar reports and they all say ENOUGH of this BURRRrrrrrrr!

And I'd have the power company move the POLE, and save the tree. THEY were at fault in where the put the pole so they HAD to go through that beautiful tree!

Hope you'll be riding in cool clothes soon!

JackZ

You know, I never thought of that. Guess working for the government makes a person think it's just easier to do it yourself then to try and get through all the red tape. Gonna check on this and see if it's something they can do for nothing or what the cost will be. Considering the pole is probably as old or if not older then I am it might work.... Thanks and God Bless.

We were supposed to get hammered up here in S. Dakota as well. Havent seen any news lately, but where I'm at we've been lucky. Not much of anything as far as snow. We were told as much as a foot on top of a bunch of ice. We have had 2 days of that drizzle, but hasnt turned real cold yet. When it does there will be alot of ice skating, including on the highways.......

6,000 power poles down, as of yesterday 12,500 people without power here in S. Dak. Will be more if the wind picks up. Most of damage ranges from southeast diagonally up to the northwest. Lucky for me i am in the northeast, got missed by most of it. I have been through these before and I feel for ya. Hope it straightens out soon. Still lots of ice built up on powerlines yet.

We are now in a blizzard. so far drifts 2-3 foot and counting AGAIN. Not supposed to stop till midnight. Oh boy, all this snow will no doubt hold spring from coming early and in return slow the date for first bike ride. Gee, never knew I'd moved to the Artic. Hey Gore, I got your global warming.

6,000 power poles down, as of yesterday 12,500 people without power here in S. Dak. Will be more if the wind picks up. Most of damage ranges from southeast diagonally up to the northwest. Lucky for me i am in the northeast, got missed by most of it. I have been through these before and I feel for ya. Hope it straightens out soon. Still lots of ice built up on powerlines yet.

I got relatives up there in ctrl SD that have been without power for over a week now with no relief in sight. Here its just plain cold! I'll take summer anyday over this crud.

Oh yea, to add to my lovely week of weather, I think I will summerize everything thats happened. Ice storm, no power 3 days and a piece, water heater died, now a blizzard adding approx 2-4' drifts on top of an already 3-5' drifts in places and ice sandwiched in between. And the icing on the cake.... Furnace quit working about 13:00 today and no service personnel will attempt to come out in this weather... I think that about sums it up. Opps forgot, missed several days of work too. I need a vacation.:draming: Photos to follow in morning.