IGNORED

Where to buy "locally" a Vacuum Guage

starkruzen

Four would be Ideal, but I use two that I got from Harbor Freight. Think they were about $25.00 US, each.

Will eventually buy two more and need to get some kind of valve to restrict the hoses as the needles "bounce" way too much and I have to pinch the hoses to get the needles steady.

Yeah, I know $25.00 each for 4 gages I could have bought a "Morgan"... :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Our group benefits from the English-made Carbtune II which is available for under $100 and quickly (10 minutes) perfectly balances 1st gen and 2 gen carbs. Yamaha made an error in the procedure for 2nd Gen balalncing which was later corrected. The generations have different procedures. Check your threads for Carbtune. Bilk/Dave Insley

Hi I made mine from gages I found at Princess auto. cost me @4.00 can each.

you will also need fluter valves and they are available from a ford dealer they were used in older smog erg lines. these flowed one way but let the vacuum out slowly. here are some pics of my stack.

http://www.princessauto.com/downloads they do ship, and are cheap..

Hi I made mine from gages I found at Princess auto. cost me @4.00 can each.

you will also need fluter valves and they are available from a ford dealer they were used in older smog erg lines. these flowed one way but let the vacuum out slowly. here are some pics of my stack.

http://www.princessauto.com/downloads they do ship, and are cheap..

I see they're going for $7.99 a piece. I wonder how accurate they are,(+/-). Dial reads 0 to 30 in-Hg. So 0.6 bar = 17.717 989 843 in-Hg [0 °C] = 8.702 264 280 4 psi.

I have a Morgan carb tune for sale if anyone is interested..comes with protective carry pouch too..just email me..:thumbsup2:

Deal fell through with buyer.. I still have my morgan carb tune for sale..

email me if interested..:thumbsup2:

Guest HotMech

I have an old set of "Carb Sticks" surgical glass tubes, dipped in mercury, on a cardboard back with black lines. works great and I've had them for years. got them from and ad in the back of a m/c magazine. go figure.