IGNORED

need help please !!! anyone

hi,i am new to the site.i have recently purchase a 1983 yamaha venture 1200. i love the way it rides.i have been lookin for a drivers backrest for those long rides.i was wondering would a drivers backrest that comes off of 86 yamaha venture royale fit my 83.will it fit or do i have to modify it.anyone knows or have done it please let me know thanks.

I have one of these on my '83 http://www.utpr.com/venture.html & it's comfortable.

It mounts to the seat itself & cutting is required. But beware, most of the instructions is for Gwing, with the last paragraph for the Venture.

:2cents:

I still have the back rest. Wife put it back away and I forgot to get it back out Sat. Maybe we can set up a relay to get it to breeze in Dallas. :cool10:

If it works out we could come down I 75 and perhaps bring it to Texas when we head back down around the 1st of Febuary

Or just buy a Saddlemans Travelcade seat with the built in backrest and don't order the gel pad, then send it down to Rick Butler and let him work his magic. Did over 500 miles in one sitting coming back from Arkansas last year and it felt great!

Dan

I have one of these on my '83 http://www.utpr.com/venture.html & it's comfortable.

It mounts to the seat itself & cutting is required. But beware, most of the instructions is for Gwing, with the last paragraph for the Venture.

I just saw those today. I was wondering if anybody here had one and how they liked it. I watched their video on putting it on a Goldwing. How'd it go for you? I sent them an e-mail this morning and got a reply back pretty quickly about if they could match my seat colors. They said they should be able to get it close and they could send me some samples. 26 years is sure to have some affect on the colors.

I just saw those today. I was wondering if anybody here had one and how they liked it. I watched their video on putting it on a Goldwing. How'd it go for you? I sent them an e-mail this morning and got a reply back pretty quickly about if they could match my seat colors. They said they should be able to get it close and they could send me some samples. 26 years is sure to have some affect on the colors.

The person that re-covered my seat & passenger backrest, had installed it.

• 3 weeks later...

HI, I have one, it's red and in good condition.

Take pics of it later tomorrow if you like have all the lower hardware I think. sell it for @160 U.S.+ shipping to your home.

PM me if you need it mrich12000@hotmail.com ... Also have the compressor for the same bike 1984 Venture and so much more as I'm dismantling the complete runner.