IGNORED

Is $250 a good price for a Zumo 450?

Godlover

Well, if I could have found a 450 at that price I would have been all over like a fat kid on a chocolate bar!

I just bought a nuvi 755t for slightly less. The zumo is made for the bike, personally I would take it. It lacks the blue tooth but to me that dont matter.

Make sure it has all the mounting brackets and accessories. There should be a m/c mount that attaches to the handlebar controls screws and a suction cup car mount. Each of these mounts should have a cradle to go with them.

These mounts were included with the original purchase of this GPS. They will cost you $80 to $100 each if purchased seperately.

If they are included, go for it. Good unit.

FYI - You can get an upgrade to the maps in the Zumo for about $60/year or a lifetime upgrade for something like $140. Please keep in mind the maps in this unit will be a couple of years old since Garmin stopped making the 450 in 2007 IIRC.

RR

I'd be all over that if it's legitimate, also. The last ad I found for Zumo 450's for $275 and Zumo 550's for $300 was a Craigslist scam, which I suspected from the prices. The "seller" was offering free shipping, but wouldn't provide a phone number and stopped answering emails after I said I'd drive to pick the item up. I looked up their address on Google Earth and found it to be in the middle of a corn field in the middle of nowhere. I wonder how many people sent money before the scam was flagged and removed.

It was a Craigslist Ad so I replied and told the guy I only pay through Paypal to protect him and me - I could be a scam because I haven't heard from him. Once in awhile I find a good deal. For Christmas I bought my wife a 3 month old $950 embroidery machine for $400 on Ebay as the gal spelt Embroidery wrong. I'm sure she would have gotten more out it with correct spelling but she seemed happy to sell it at that! I'll just keep looking because we can't ride in Iowa anyway! I'm working from home once again due to the lousy weather! Next week I'll be in Texas though - at a Racers For Christ conference!!!

There's a street pilot 2730 in our local craigslist but it is 3 years old and they want $350 for it. Seems a bit high! I had a street pilot I let go when I sold my Harley. Did you do a Craigslist search for a streetpilot? I normally type in my search: craigslist streetpilot 2730 or whatever number I'm searching for.