IGNORED

American V4 offering

CrazyHorse

Guest tx2sturgis

I read the pdf file, which is a reprint of the Motorcyclist article.

Impressive, but chain drive? c'mon.

People buy bikes like that to put on thousands of miles per month sometimes. At that mileage rate and power level, you'll be putting on a new chain and sprockets every 20,000 miles or so.

Chains are also messy and noisy.

:think:

I'll pass.

Edited by tx2sturgis

That engine looks like a 350 chevy cut in half, and I'm not sold on the positioning. I bet there's a ton of torque the rider will need to deal with. When I got on my old BMW R100/7 that thing would want to drift to the right when I rolled on....even at high speeds. With 140horse I bet that thing will want to turn over....

Guest tx2sturgis

Nah, only when idling, if you gas on it. Once the drive system is engaged, torque reaction is cancelled. Thats how the big Boss Hoss V8's are.

Edited by tx2sturgis

Nah, only when idling, if you gas on it. Once the drive system is engaged, torque is cancelled. Thats how the big Boss Hoss V8's are.

That's not the way the Boxer R's are.... And I wouldn't want to be sitting on a BH at 65mph and punch it. Torque is torque, but I'm always willing to learn something. Your saying that once the bike is in gear, the torque is eliminated??

Guest tx2sturgis
That's not the way the Boxer R's are.... And I wouldn't want to be sitting on a BH at 65mph and punch it. Torque is torque, but I'm always willing to learn something. Your saying that once the bike is in gear, the torque is eliminated??

I added the word 'reaction' to my post...cuz torque is still there of course, but the reaction is cancelled.

Yeah, you can punch a BossHoss while riding it, and it doesnt pull over or twist, it shoots forward like a rocket...Very well balanced....I suppose it has to do with the overall weight of the flywheel and crankshaft versus the overall weight of the machine...I'm not an engineer, but I did ride a couple and had no problems at all. They DO warn you NOT to blip the throttle much while idling, unless you want to be thrown to the ground.

the central Al area has a lot going on now as far as motor vechiles being made now! mr barber of barber's motorsports has been in racing for many year and has some of his race cars in the ground floor of the museum. he also got conferate bikes to relocate to this area when NO, La was flooded. he sold out his milk company several years ago and has nothing but time and money on his hands. he also owns a lot of real estate in the area and promotes the area a lot. he became one of the major sponsors for the birmingham, al "ride for kids" a couple years ago and puts out a lot of time and money for it. we start the ride at barber's and ends there with a couple of rounds of the track. haven't seen it yet but he is building a large dirt bike racing area near the museum. we have a lot of car manterfacting in central Al also, so the part supplies are here to help out. there was rumors a few years ago that the goldwing was going to be made at the honda motor plant about 40 miles east of barber's, but i guess they decided to take it back to japan. right after indian went bust, a group of investers was trying to open a plant in area to build it but fell thru. i think this bike will fit a niche in younger sport biker and some of the older ones too. from concept to being made there maybe several changes made as they test it out and find the bugs in it. harley also has a testing facilite over at talladega raceway, but they said they maybe closing it.