IGNORED

Keys, Keys, Keys

rumboogy

I just wanted to let the rest of you know that I got a set (3 keys) from one of the members on this site [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=628]VentureRider.Org[/ame] and he did a great job. My dealer was out of these keys and I live in a fairly small town...so the service Ken provided was great (and fast). All I had to do was provide my key code and he done the rest.

Here's a link to his (KJ4V) profile, and he is a locksmith so you know they are done right.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=628]VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Ken...tried all 3 keys...worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Wally

Edited by rumboogy
Wrong URL

Glad they worked because it is real bad for my rep when they don't.......Ken

kj4v30701@gmail.com

I'm thinking about getting a stealth key, or maybe the spike key. Will your keys made via keycode work with these covers? Or do they have the fat rubber end like OEM keys?

Dave

http://www.starparts.org/images/products/Stealth2.jpg

http://www.starparts.org/images/products/Spike.jpg

You are correct that the keys are just plain key blanks with no rubber heads. I haven't been at work for 4 days due to cold and frozen roads, I should be back in tomorrow and get some keys made.....Ken Oh, 54 degrees for the middle of the week YA HOO!!! Finally above freezing again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the work guys I was covered up for a while. Things are back to normal again so I thought I would get this back to the top again so folks woud see it. Thanks to everyone for the quick payments too. Some even paid before I made the keys! You are a great bunch of Venturers. I look foreword to helping others too.........Ken

What do you mean? Basically its a key that has a fake ignition painted on the top of it. You slide your blank key into a slot on the bottom and JB Weld it in and then when it is in your bike...it looks KINDA like there is no key in the bike.

The stealth key is NOT intended to keep in the bike when unattended.

That's pretty much it.

Wally

The picture just shows the button and a key blank, there is no description that I could find, or picture of it in the key slot. I kind of suspected that the button went on top of the key, but I would never trust that a joyriding kid or a thief would be fooled by that.

I don't get why anyone would want one if that is all it is.

Don

At the HUGE risk of being chastised here...I leave my key in the ignition when I go into eat or stop at a bike shop or even at gas stations. (Note I live in a small town).

The stealth key allows me to leave it in the ignition for conveinence (to me, not a theif) and although it is FAR from foolproof, you do have FIND it and/or figure it out.

It has worked well for me and my previous bike that I owned for 7 years I used a stealth key...was never a problem. I figure if someone wants the bike bad enough...they're gonna get it one way or another (even if I do make it a little easier).

Wally

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for all the work guys I was covered up for a while. Things are back to normal again so I thought I would get this back to the top again so folks woud see it. Thanks to everyone for the quick payments too. Some even paid before I made the keys! You are a great bunch of Venturers. I look foreword to helping others too.........Ken

Ken,

I have a 1989 Venture Royale sitting down with lost keys. Where do I begin? I looked at the photos of the blanks around here, but I didn't find one for the VR, so I am starting from scratch. How do I find the CODES, too? How much do you charge? I need the gas cap, as well. Is that possible long distance?

Thanks, and if you need to email me, you can use; Sunrayman123@yahoo.com

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Someone said on another post that the key codes for the second gen were on the gas cap cover and behind the cover in the saddlebag near the lock.

I looked on mine and there was a four digit number on the gas cap, and there was in the saddlebag also, but they weren't the same numbers (the last two digits on one was 19, 21 on the other). Is that really the key code, and if so, which one should I use?

• 1 month later...

the # under the gas cap and also close to all the other locks on the saddle bags and trunk are from my experience,just part #'s.

I actually lost my one bike key, went thru the hassle of trying to find codes also. I bought the bike used and only one key came with it and the original key code tag that comes with the keys from the factory wasnt included.

Ended up having to chisel off the nuts holding the security bolts from the ignition on the under side of the frame. Once off, took the ignition switch and the lock from inside the trunk to a locksmith and he made me 3 keys. cost of about $55 for the hassle.

lesson learned? get extra keys made before you need them!