IGNORED

Yamaha Warrenty

starkruzen

I purchased my 07 RSTD about 3 months ago used from a Harley dealer. I was reading on the YAmaha website about the warrenty and it said I had ten days to register the bike at a Yamaha deAler which I haven,t done. Do you think I will have problems when I take it for warrenty repAirs? Does the deAlers ask for proof of warrenty?

Mark

I purchased my 07 RSTD about 3 months ago used from a Harley dealer. I was reading on the YAmaha website about the warrenty and it said I had ten days to register the bike at a Yamaha deAler which I haven,t done. Do you think I will have problems when I take it for warrenty repAirs? Does the deAlers ask for proof of warrenty?

Mark

I don't know. But I do know that when I went in to have the warranty transferred and the associated inspection, they'd never heard of such a thing. They had to research to figure out what I was talking about, and how to do it. Meaning, it seems to be rare to transfer the warranty.

Also, I had to take it to the original dealer. Any idea who that is?

Dave

PS: I got the ignition keycode while I was there, because the original owner didn't have it.

Edited by Dave77459
Added PS

I bought my 2006 Venture at a Harley dealer down in Delaware. I live in Niagara Fall’s Ontario:canada: but stopped off at a Yamaha dealer in New York on the way home and scheduled the center shock replacement (thanks to this forum I knew what to look for and noticed oil on the shock). When the part came in I drove back over with the bike and the Dealer replaced it under warranty. The service manager likes Canadian beer... which just happens to fit quite nicely in the top trunk (don’t ask me how I know :whistling:). Job done!

The irony is that folks told me that if I bought a bike down in the States that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty, I said that the Yamaha warranty wasn’t worth the near $10,000 that I would be saving:mo money:... however, as it turned out I do have warranty coverage anyways! :rasberry:

I’m sure you could find a dealer somewhere that will give you coverage and once you do you will have it for the balance of the warranty where ever you go. But take care of it as soon as you can. :thumbsup2:

Just take it to your local dealer and you should have no problem with the warranty.

I bought my bike in Tennessee and live in Illinois. I did register it but it was 3 months or more after the fact and there was no problem. They did gig me for $25 to do it but I understand they are not suppose to even charge for changing the registration.

BOO

here is one more for you...

I bought my 2008 Venture from Adventure HD in Ohio.

Had Radio connectoritus repaired under warranty at Yamaha Dealer with no problem after they entered the VIN into the Yamaha system for authorization. Warranty is five years from the date that the bike was put into service (in Yamaha database).

johnb

I've done three used Yamaha's warranty transfers with my local dealer.

All I had to show was my state registration, to proove it was mine, and the VIN and they went on the Yamaha site and put the warranty into my name. No cost to me. And they have honored all warranty work on each. If it is not that simple, try another dealer, they would love to have your warranty work.

Technically, the warranty does require a transfer within 10 days. In reality, I have rarely heard of any issue. I bought a used RSV and never did a formal transfer. When I needed something worked on, I just took it into my local shop and told them to fix it under warranty, and they did. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

That sounds a little odd. On my bike, it is a left over '07 and I bought the bike towards the end of '08. Since it was bought in '08 as a new bike, my 5 Year Warranty will not expire 5 Years from the date I purchased the bike.

That sounds a little odd. On my bike, it is a left over '07 and I bought the bike towards the end of '08. Since it was bought in '08 as a new bike, my 5 Year Warranty will not expire 5 Years from the date I purchased the bike.

My bike was also a NOS with full 5 year warranty from date of purchase as have all other NOS bikes I have seen except for this one batch of machines which did sell for a very low price.

Thats why I posted the information, as an anomaly.

Edited by RandyR