IGNORED

Site clean up

Black Owl

Just to give everyone a heads up.

As the year is quickly winding down, I will be starting to do some site clean up and deleting a lot of threads that have past their shelf life.

Will be leaving the threads that pertain to maintenance issues or good buy sites. But, if you see some of your threads gone, it is simply because of an effort to free up space on the server.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas or festive season and wishing one and all a great new year.

Russell

:15_8_211[1]:

Please say the WHY thread is toast !!

:lightbulb:

Gary

Sorry Gary,

Guess I didn't make it clear enough when I saaid I would be deleting threads past their shelf life.

But, if you can give me a good, logical reason to keep a thread on a M&E that was held in 2005, birthday wishs for a member back in 2006, etc, etc I am willing to reconsider.

Russell

Sorry Gary,

Guess I didn't make it clear enough when I saaid I would be deleting threads past their shelf life.

But, if you can give me a good, logical reason to keep a thread on a M&E that was held in 2005, birthday wishs for a member back in 2006, etc, etc I am willing to reconsider.

Russell

I think he was talking about the thread titled " WHY" needs to be toast. Not asking you to tell why you are doing it.

David

I have seen that the "Fun & Frivoulous" forum does not show up on the home page when someone posts to a thread in it.

Might I suggest that the Testing Forum also be set up this way also.

It sort of defeats the purpose of having an obscure area to test in, if it is going to be paraded in front of everyone.

Gary

Sorry Gary,

Russell

Same reason they give us at work, we need to clean up old stuff, but when they do, they break things, and users come screaming at my group, why are things broke, only to find out someone thought they were doing the right thing by deleting old stuff, thank God for backup and recoveries.

Never can understand why people want to delete things, instead of putting a last used/viewed timestamp on it, then let that determine when the software deletes the post.

Ok, now go and delete until your hearts content. :whistling:

Just to give everyone a heads up.

As the year is quickly winding down, I will be starting to do some site clean up and deleting a lot of threads that have past their shelf life.

Will be leaving the threads that pertain to maintenance issues or good buy sites. But, if you see some of your threads gone, it is simply because of an effort to free up space on the server.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas or festive season and wishing one and all a great new year.

Russell

:15_8_211[1]:

Will this mean will be deleting all the 1st Gens too ? :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

BEER30

Will this mean will be deleting all the 1st Gens too ? :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

BEER30

Dang it Beer ya beat me to the punch on that one.:bawling:

Boomer.....who sez the Maytag Repairman is rumored to be re-locating to Tahiti for an extended vacation in 2010....about 11 months worth of sandy beaches,cold beer,and wimmen who don't wear no tops.:smile5:

Tahiti?? I want to go back to the U S Virgin Islands. I worked for Vitelco. Tried to get me to move down. Offered to buy me house. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

Yammer you wuz prolly thinking that 1st Gen of yers couldn't survive without being more than 50 miles from a Maytag Repairman.:fiddle::stickpoke::p

Boomer....who sez don't blame me I didn't build that Tupperware nightmare.:innocent:

I thought they rode Cushman's on the islands . And yes , they are faster than a 1st gen as well ! :stickpoke::stickpoke:

BEER30

Would you believe I drove a truck and never got on one of those scooters as long as I was there. Come close to running over a few.

And they drive on the WRONG side of the road!!!

I have seen that the "Fun & Frivoulous" forum does not show up on the home page when someone posts to a thread in it.

Might I suggest that the Testing Forum also be set up this way also.

It sort of defeats the purpose of having an obscure area to test in, if it is going to be paraded in front of everyone.

Gary

Gary,

Good suggestion and is now done. Thanks.