IGNORED

"boost sensor" vac line ?

its a long story so the question is... on the vac line to the vacuume sensor as it should be called, there is a small plastic piece that couples two pieces of vac line tiogether. there is an arrow on that piece that points towards the carb, or toward the sensor???

I have been fighting an extremely annoying problem for some time now that i think may be related to this part and its orientation in line.

Im gonna cry if its just a matter of the stupid thing being in the wrong way... its almost always a very easy fix, made alot more difficult by our own over thinking....

the bike hesitates and surges very, very mildly. took it to the mc mech and put it on the dyno. didnt see anything for a while then he noticed the timing on #2 cyl was all over the place and #4 was a bit crazy too. ive put my replacement tci in and no change, so i replaced pickup coils. took it for a test ride yesterday and no change.i had replaced the boost sensor when prob first came up the sensor/timing has always been in the back of my mind so i fiddled with it. plugged the line( no vac to sensor ) bike ran HORRIBLE, then turned the plastic piece around so arrow pointed to sensor, and it seemed better, but at that point i was in traffic, close to home, and slick roads, so i was more focused on stayin alive. got home and looked at my 86 and found the arrow pointing toward sensor on it.

Im gonna test ride again when time permits but maybe all i did was put that dumb part in backwards, it seems so hard to believe that it would make that much difference but...

thanks for any help!!!

I have one of the boost sensor lines in my hand.

The plastic restrictor is a straight through opening. No baffles or valving that I can see.

Flow seems to be the same through it in both directions by blowing into either end.

The shorter, larger diameter hose goes to the carb intake boot.

Gary