This morning when I left on the bike to go to work.I noticed that my low beam didn’t work. So I used my high beams.

This afternoon when I came from work. I checked the light bulb .but I can’t see anything wrong with it….I cleaned the connector with contact spray .without any luck.

Can it be the light bulb or something else?

Hey Herman,

Remove the bulb, and with an ohm meter check the Ho beam and Lo Beam circut. The ohm meter should read thru the filiment if it is not burned out. If the two circuts are good on the bulb then you need to check the Hi/Lo Beam switch on your handle bars as well as the starter button. Both of these switches interact with the headlight. Clean the switch with contact cleaner and add some dielectric grease to both switches. If you are lucky, it will be the bulb, but either way, this is a good place to start. Good luck with this project and if you have other questions, post again. :thumbsup2:

Earl

If he has to replace the bulb, I'm like a lot of others here, I'd put in the Silverstar Ultra. I have them in my cages, and would like to put on in my '99 RSV, but doing a search, I have yet to come up with a part # for the Silverstar. :think:Does anyone have the part #???

If he has to replace the bulb, I'm like a lot of others here, I'd put in the Silverstar Ultra. I have them in my cages, and would like to put on in my '99 RSV, but doing a search, I have yet to come up with a part # for the Silverstar. :think:Does anyone have the part #???

I'm almost sure that you want the one with the H4 base. I got a two-pack at the local auto parts store (Advanced Automotive, I think, but most will carry it). I think I spent $28 or so... here's a link at Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-9003-SU-BP-TWIN/dp/B0012ETJ1O/]Silver Star Ultra[/ame]

I bought locally so I could compare the bulb I took out and could return if I bought the wrong thing.

I wonder how the quality is of the PIAA Xtreme White bulb..

because when you read the reviews ..the sylvania Silver star don't last long.

As I understand it, you want specifically the Silverstar Ultra which is made for motorcycling applications. More durable, etc, per [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=280435&postcount=13]here[/ame].

Dave

I have about 15,000 miles on a SilverStar bulb on my Suzuki Volusia (predecessor to the current Boulevard) and just about 4,000 on a SilverStar in my RSV... no trouble with either. The light is much whiter and puts out more candlepower, too. More light = safer ride.

I have the Xtreme White Plus that includes a heavier filament & I believe an extra support post that resists vibration. Perfect for a bike. I'm very happy with this bulb: 4000K color & I have the H3 Xtreme White in the passing lamps at 4150K color. Both are very white compared to a "normal" yellowish halogen.

The frist thing I did was change my stock bulb to a Piaa. My GMC Typhoon has had the piaas for 15 years and 120,000 miles. Never been replaced. I also replaced them in my Volvo. I just google for the lowest price. I have Yamaha Stratolines Drivimg lights on my Venture and it has 2 each 4 watt yellow Piaas and 2 each 35 watt driving bulbs. Which I leave on all the time.

Cb