IGNORED

One inch risers?

Ebabe

I took a stock set fr my Road Star, cut off the threaded stem then machined the base to fit the cup up the existing riser on my RSV, got longer screws and done! 1in rise! If you know a machinist,,, good,,,I do...........also as an added thought, one can remove the vibration dampers at end of your bars and make extensions to them (little thought here) and guess what,,,wider bars sans the $400.00 (?) Flanders................(I'M old school)!

Renne

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to 1 1/2 Barons. Just don't want too much. I'm close to being good as it is, but a little more would help.

Regards, Ebabe

Oops, changed my mind. Went with the ebay risers.

Edited by Ebabe

When I installed my 1 1/2 inch baron risers I saw that the rubber "bumpers" or "supports" no longer touched the faring/dash. I believe those bumpers were there to provide support if the faring flexes towards the back at speed. So, I took a nice new piece of 1 inch rubber hose from auto parts shop, split it and black tie wrapped it around the handlebar right between the two risers. This was a tight fit, but that is what I wanted as it once again supports the dash/faring. Looks ok to me too. Or, better than a possible crack in the faring.

I added the Baron's and didn't have to re-route a thing. Had plenty of slack in all cables.

Sadly...the riser really didn't help much...even after moving the bars through all of their range of motion....I just can get comfortable...maybe my arms are too long??

Without the risers, my arms were more outstretched (almost locked), which created tension across the shoulder blades. With the risers, the shoulder blade pain is gone, put my arms are in more of a "bent" position, which induces it's own discomfort. :confused24: