IGNORED

Sobering video

dragerman

I thought this was worth sharing and pulled it off another site… Please don't drink and drive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8]YouTube- TAC 2009 Christmas Campaign TV ad - 20 Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts"[/ame]

Edited by Freebird

found myself holding my breath while watching the video - truly sad to see so much human waste due to alcohol/drugs and driving. personally i will not ride even if i have had only one beer - i love myself, my family, others and life in general too much to add another reason to make a driving mistake. i taught my son from an early age that there are some indiscretions we can make that carry fatal or life long consequences. i hope everyone here has a safe and prosperous Christmas season and new year - please ride safe & sober !!

buz

It is truly the most horrific film I have ever seem and sure makes you think of the damage one can do and what is left in the wake of your actions.

Thank God for never being in either of the positions of victim of perp.

It could have happened but thank God it never did.

Very sobering even if you don't drink!

I hope this makes everyone think well celebrating the Christmas season and for that matter every time they get behind the wheel.

Very hard to watch but thankfully very hard to forget.

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad that this video couldn't be shown on the local television stations and at high schools on a regular basis. Unfortunately the alcohol producers and those with a drinking problem in high places would make sure it was pulled pretty darn quick, if it were.

The R.I.D.E. (Reduce Impaired Driving Everwhere) program in Toronto recently announced that in spite of past downturns in the number of charges laid against intoxicated motorists, this year they are seeing an upswing in spite of all the politically correct advertizing we are exposed to. I think something like this would drive the point home much better.

For sure.

Spending time as an EMT brought the lesson home for me. They should show that video to all the high school and collage age kids.

I agree. As a volunteer fire and rescue servant, i have seen firsthand what drinking and driving cause.

I think it should be shown here in the states on broadcast television. over and over............

• 2 months later...