IGNORED

hey Annie!! check this out

slick97spirit

Hey I copied this off of another site. They're talking about the motor cycle wave that is so prevalent here in the states when we ride.

Of course most non-riders think it's goofy, but this Aussie responded based on what's normal over there I guess. Is this the general consensus over there? Just wondering?

"No mate, we just don't wave. You're on a bike, I'm on a bike, we nod as we pass. Aussies and UK riders don't get excited about seeing other people on bikes. Many don't even bother nodding at all. Kinda surprised me that everyone I saw on a bike in the USA DID wave at me. We're not into the brotherhood of bikers stuff here. Maybe some Harley clubs are. That's not to say that guys won't stop if you look like you need help. I guess we're just more reserved is all. We don't fly flags or get all misty eyed when we hear the national anthem either. (Most of us think Waltzing Matilda should be the national anthem actually) It's about the only song most Aussies recognize when they hear it. Apart from ACDC of course."

Geez, what a sour puss!! Some wave, some nod their head -- me, I do both :happy34: Fly flags on the back of the quike for most parades :happy34:

AND know the words to our national anthem, in fact I pretty well know the words to your one as well!!!!!

All different types, just like over there -- and some grumpy old buggers too :doh:

geez, what a sour puss!! Some wave, some nod their head -- me, i do both :happy34: Fly flags on the back of the quike for most parades :happy34:

and know the words to our national anthem, in fact i pretty well know the words to your one as well!!!!!

all different types, just like over there -- and some grumpy old buggers too :doh:

ok who is talking about me??

The wave goes way back, and it's not just bikers that do it. I remember when CJ5 Jeep owners and the VW Beetle folks used to do the same thing. Just a brotherhood thing I suppose.

A couple years back I had a 1987 Corvette and all the Vette drivers waved just like the bikers do.