IGNORED

Shorty antennas

Why pay more of HD antennas that the firesticks do as well a job at for a fraction of the cost..?

I would like to get shorter antenna's. Firesticks look to be about 3' tall and allot fater compared to the very short trunk mounted antenna.

I would like to get shorter antenna's. Firesticks look to be about 3' tall and allot fater compared to the very short trunk mounted antenna.

A couple of friends had gone the shorter antenna route and cursed the day he made the change over, lack of range and poor reception were the main complaints.

Its probably all personal taste but a lot of people like the looks of my thicker antennas compared the whips. Being that my RSV is a Midnight, they match up nicely..

And as one person already noted, shorter antennas might get ya poked in the face / eye area..

But seeing how not too expensive you could easily swap out the shorties for the longies later on.

www.FireStik.com

offers a 2' model in the FireStik and FireStikII. They come in several colors. I don't know how performance is affected regarding range and reception, but with the windings encased in the body, it might be comparable to the stock Yammie rods.

You have to order from a dealer as they don't sell direct.

Here's a neat option. The FireStikIIUSA.

http://www.firestik.com/images/fs-usa.jpg

There for a second, I thought you might have a 1st Gen till I saw your profile. That would have explained not being able to pull it!:hihi:

Renne

Actually I should have said it would have trouble holding it up, the thing weighs a good 50 lbs. That's why it's a flag pole now. and no longer on the boat.

gregg

• 1 year later...

Towed my venture down to Phoenix from Vancouver. On the return 2400 Km trip I stopped at a "Flying J" truck stop and bought 2 -3 foot firestiks that were on sale for $30.00 a pair. I tried to mount them but the thread base was the wrong size. Do you have to mod the venture attenna base? or do you have to buy a specific Firestik size?

firesticks are great antennas. I used to run the firestick II's on a truck with a ranger HR2950 and a sweet sixteen bilinear amp and never had a problem with them at all

feed all the power you want to them they love it