IGNORED

Will 84 Carb Slides and Diaphragms fit an 88?

I think Diaphragms will work but there is a difference in the holes in the end of the slide the needle fits into. Sombody tell me I'm right. Just can't remember what and the ones I have are outside in the cold, its 1 am and I'm sitting here in my fruit of the Looms.So I A'INT gonna go look. :innocent:

Dan's right,

And they will work just fine. The only difference is the 1200 slides have a smaller lift hole, which I feels works better to keep the slides more constant over the entire range. However, I'm not sure about the 84s but the 83s had problems with the diaphrams coming off the slides.

Hope this helps,

Rick

I would just say that I don't think I would purchase an '84 for the purpose of using the carb diaphragms unless you know they have been recently replaced. The odds of the 26 year old diaphragms being any better than the ones you need to replace on your '88 are pretty slim.

All good points. I'll probably end up buying both the parts bike and the new diaphragms. I'll have some Mk1 parts that won't fit the Mk2 when I'm done for the group so I'll let you all know what's what.

This is one of the most helpful forums I know!!!!