IGNORED

Venture-S and History

rumboogy

First and foremost, I do hope some of my questions help other people.

I have done a search here and looked over the Venture History and also even looked at the Yamaha Website (terrible website by the way)...and I am trying to find out more information about the Venture-S.

Can anyone tell me ALL of the differences between the standard Venture and the Venture-S (besides the color). What features and/or chrome and if the only difference is chrome...what pieces are added for the additional cost.

Thanks. (I think I will be a Venture owner VERY soon).

Wally

I think you hit it right on the head... Actually, I thought it was just the extra chrome! :happy34:

Pretty much the only differences from '99-current is color. The S has extra chrome. The seat was changed in '02 or '03. They are trying to get rid of all the 6-disc CD players by putting them in all the new Ventures as standard.

And I will have to ask them NOT to install the 6 disc changer in mine. Not only will it take up valuable space in trunk or saddlebag, BUT I no longer play any of my 350 CD"s anymore and instead I only listen to MP3's now. So neither the cassette player and 6 disc changer will do me any good at all.

a CD player for music nowadays is almost a thing of the past. I use Sirius XM on the scoot and digital satellite music thru the TV/stereo in the home. Hardly ever crank up my ancient CD player on the stereo system. Don't have an MP3 player but eventually I will get one.

I guess I must be one of the only 'old timers' here then... I use the cassette player on the bike and a CD player in my home. I would NOT use a CD player on the bike because I wouldn't want to waste the space in a saddlebag or the trunk, nor would I want to have to monkey around with a skipping CD player or eventually having to replace it because of the vibrations ruining the electronics.

I like the tape player because I can leave it in the bike and don't really have to worry about someone stealing my tape(s). Audio quality is not all that great, but, I don't have to worry about skipping, damage to the cassette, unhooking stuff when I stop for a break or food, or what to do when the batteries die in an MP3 player. I have been fortunate enough to not have a tape get tangled up inside the read head, but I do expect that to happen sometime...

With that said, I do have a lot of music on my computer (from CDs) and I do occasionally use an MP3 player on the bike (especially on longer trips) because, quite frankly, they are fantastic (several hours, no skipping, etc). But for puttering around on a weekend or something, for the few hundred miles I put on every weekend, one or two cassettes for when the radio reception is nil or I just don't want to put up with the radio, works for me

:grandpa:

I guess I must be one of the only 'old timers' here then... I use the cassette player on the bike and a CD player in my home. I would NOT use a CD player on the bike because I wouldn't want to waste the space in a saddlebag or the trunk, nor would I want to have to monkey around with a skipping CD player or eventually having to replace it because of the vibrations ruining the electronics.

I like the tape player because I can leave it in the bike and don't really have to worry about someone stealing my tape(s). Audio quality is not all that great, but, I don't have to worry about skipping, damage to the cassette, unhooking stuff when I stop for a break or food, or what to do when the batteries die in an MP3 player. I have been fortunate enough to not have a tape get tangled up inside the read head, but I do expect that to happen sometime...

With that said, I do have a lot of music on my computer (from CDs) and I do occasionally use an MP3 player on the bike (especially on longer trips) because, quite frankly, they are fantastic (several hours, no skipping, etc). But for puttering around on a weekend or something, for the few hundred miles I put on every weekend, one or two cassettes for when the radio reception is nil or I just don't want to put up with the radio, works for me

:grandpa:

AMEN brother.I love and use my cassette player everytime I ride.SO,if anyone doesn't want their cassette player send it my way in case mine breaks.,:farmer:

bongobobny...thanks. So chrome and a different color.

I don't guess you happen to know the exact chrome parts (or any of them)? I am assuming it does not include any "trim" items...luggage rails or luggage rack?

If anyone has a list of chromed items...it would be nice to know.

Thanks.

Wally

bongobobny...thanks. So chrome and a different color.

I don't guess you happen to know the exact chrome parts (or any of them)? I am assuming it does not include any "trim" items...luggage rails or luggage rack?

If anyone has a list of chromed items...it would be nice to know.

Thanks.

Wally

I think the extra come consists of the front fork tube/covers, calipers and the thing that goes on both sides of the front rotor.

The "Venture S" line was introduced as a replacement for the Midnight Venture in beginning in 2008 (I believe).

The luggage rails, trunk rack, etc. are all extra parts; none come with a stock venture. Although you may be able to talk some dealer into throwing some of that stuff in if you work 'em right...

rumboogy,

The cassette player does provides you with some value... the input aux jack for your mp3 is intergrated into the unit.

Or I suppose you could use one of those cassette converters, however, imho, the direct male to male connecter mp3 to aux jack provides better sound. You can get the cable at any Radio Shack in 1, 3 and 6 ft lengths depending on where you mount the mp3.

Certainly you could probably wire your own connector if you were really passionate about pulling the cassette deck... there's also some great posts on this site from guys who have swapped out the cassette deck with a set of guages.

Good luck in your decision. If you go RSV, I'm pretty sure you'll be very happy.

Bob

The midnight models have chrome fork and triple tree and handlebar switch housings are also chromed.

DT

Dennis has it right there, thats all the difference from the standard to the "S" model. Myself for the extra $500 I would go with gthe "S" as I like the chrome forks better.