IGNORED

10,000 miles

RandyR

Well, I turned 10,000 miles today on the Blue/Black RSTD I picked up new on April 3rd of this year. I would have to say I'm very happy with it. Its about the same weight as my ex-BMW K1100. I like the seat height, and would call it perfect for me, as is the sitting position. I was able to pick up a glove I dropped while at a stop light today without dismounting, that wasn't something I could have done with the seat height on the BMW. Gas mileage could be a little better, but its not terrible. I like being able to remove the windshield easily for short rides in good weather. The saddle bags are spacious and its easy to strap a big bag on the rear seat or luggage rack if I need to carry more stuff. This is the first bike I've owned with floor boards, I like them.

I've got some farkles ready to go on this winter when I feel like a project: chrome bag guards, driving lights, and a small LED bar for the top of the license plate.

And I'm back to doing my own maintenance, like I used to do to my Hondas and Triumphs in the 60's and 70's. This site gets a lot of the credit for that.

Its been a good year for riding, and I've made a number of new friends thanks to this forum.

So let me be the first to wish everyone a happy and healthy and safe Holiday Season.

RandyR

Well, I turned 10,000 miles today on the Blue/Black RSTD I picked up new on April 3rd of this year. I would have to say I'm very happy with it. Its about the same weight as my ex-BMW K1100. I like the seat height, and would call it perfect for me, as is the sitting position. I was able to pick up a glove I dropped while at a stop light today without dismounting, that wasn't something I could have done with the seat height on the BMW. Gas mileage could be a little better, but its not terrible. I like being able to remove the windshield easily for short rides in good weather. The saddle bags are spacious and its easy to strap a big bag on the rear seat or luggage rack if I need to carry more stuff. This is the first bike I've owned with floor boards, I like them.

I've got some farkles ready to go on this winter when I feel like a project: chrome bag guards, driving lights, and a small LED bar for the top of the license plate.

And I'm back to doing my own maintenance, like I used to do to my Hondas and Triumphs in the 60's and 70's. This site gets a lot of the credit for that.

Its been a good year for riding, and I've made a number of new friends thanks to this forum.

So let me be the first to wish everyone a happy and healthy and safe Holiday Season.

RandyR

I feel the same. I've put 30K miles on mine since last July, in comfort. You mention going back to doing your own maintenance, and I too am doing that (save for the big jobs). I credit this site for that, and for reminding me of the pleasure that turning a wrench can give.

I need to figure out some projects. I have her sorted out to where she rides like I want. I don't really need anything, and that's a great problem to have. :)

Dave