IGNORED

Best of 2 worlds??

:think:Has anyone seen or tried these slip ons, just got a mess of catalogs and this was something that made me say Hmmmmm...but they sure are costly but to have Mama mode at the flick of a switch would be cool http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/product.jcw?nval=0&statenval=0&shopid=100001&productId=2012075&pageid=12&errorView=Y&selectedmmy=200002434+2007&_requestid=1830615

Yeah I would like to know also. I have been looking at these off and on for a while.

I really want to find someone that has a set...to find out do they work after a while installed. I need to know how you keep all that lubed up so it keeps working after a couple of thousand miles. ???

I saw an article on them a few months ago but have never seen or heard them in person. I actually thought about trying to make something like them a few years ago but it is one of those many things that I just never got around to. I love the concept though. My thought was to do something like the Baron's 2 into 4 setup but have one on each side loud and the other baffled with some sort of manual gate/flapper to change between loud and quiet. I don't THINK it would be that hard to do.

Just this last Friday I sent an email to Shane at www.sscustomcycle.com

He is the guy I usually buy my Yamaha aftermarket parts from, as I was also researching these pipes. He quoted me $650 Shipped ($625 + $25 for shipping) for the exhaust package for the Venture/Tour Deluxe.

I verified that is was not 'special pricing' for me, and he laughed and said "Of course it is special pricing, good for anyone that asks."

He said he has never put them on a Venture/Tour Deluxe, but that he did install them on a RoadStar and was very pleased with the overall quality and the sound.

I would be a guinea pig, if the money was available... doh!

If you buy it from Shane, mention me and maybe he'll send me a t-shirt or something. Heheh.

~Bill

The micro site is HERE

They are made by National Cycle

according to their online catalog HERE, Part number N41310 is for 1999-2008 XVZ1300TF/CT Royal Star Venture/Tour Deluxe

And installed on at 2007 RSV

http://www.peacemakersexhausts.com/images/N41310_XVZ1300TF.jpg

If I win the lottery, I will probally buy a set....

Edited by KiteSquid

Just this last Friday I sent an email to Shane at www.sscustomcycle.com

He is the guy I usually buy my Yamaha aftermarket parts from, as I was also researching these pipes. He quoted me $650 Shipped ($625 + $25 for shipping) for the exhaust package for the Venture/Tour Deluxe.

I verified that is was not 'special pricing' for me, and he laughed and said "Of course it is special pricing, good for anyone that asks."

He said he has never put them on a Venture/Tour Deluxe, but that he did install them on a RoadStar and was very pleased with the overall quality and the sound.

I would be a guinea pig, if the money was available... doh!

If you buy it from Shane, mention me and maybe he'll send me a t-shirt or something. Heheh.

~Bill

I know Shane, I dropped off my VStar engine to him last year to get it rebuilt after a local "idiot mechanic" killed the engine trying to install one of Shane's kit into it. Shane is an awesome fun guy, goes that huge extra mile to help fellow bikers..

I should check see about that exhaust hehe.. The Larossa pipes I had on were ridiculously LOUD, put them Harley bikes to shame at the Loud Pipes competition hehehe

But the MAIN thing I would like to know is how does it affect the performance of your bike? Leaving in quiet mode would most likely give you optimum engine performance while LOUD mode must affect your mileage and performance?

How LOUD is louder with these?

I am working on a mod to our stock mufflers that will do this, but was thinking of making a trap that you rotate from the rear of the muffler.

Would not be able to do it running down the road.

Gregg

Several years ago I considered trying something similar.

Remember the old "dump valves" hot rodders used to add to their exhausts to bypass the mufflers when the cops wern't around???

My idea was a similar setup, only that it would be controled by a vacuum actuated solenoid. Vacuum would be taken from cylinder intake ports (where you attach a carb ballance tool). The dump would be spring loaded to the open position.

As soon as the engine starts, vacuum will pull the dump closed, routing exhaust through the mufflers. But when you romp down on the throttle, vaccum will drop allowing the dump to open and let everone know you're comming. Adjusting the spring at the dump would let you adjust the sensitivity to throttle changes.

Like most of my ideas, I never followed up on trying to actually build something.:8:

Several years ago I considered trying something similar.

Remember the old "dump valves" hot rodders used to add to their exhausts to bypass the mufflers when the cops wern't around???

My idea was a similar setup, only that it would be controled by a vacuum actuated solenoid. Vacuum would be taken from cylinder intake ports (where you attach a carb ballance tool). The dump would be spring loaded to the open position.

As soon as the engine starts, vacuum will pull the dump closed, routing exhaust through the mufflers. But when you romp down on the throttle, vaccum will drop allowing the dump to open and let everone know you're comming. Adjusting the spring at the dump would let you adjust the sensitivity to throttle changes.

Like most of my ideas, I never followed up on trying to actually build something.:8:

We use to buy them from JC whitney, they were cable controled also, just welded in behind the headers.

Gregg:stirthepot:

• 2 weeks later...