IGNORED

favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving

footsie

Well, I enjoy a fresh salad of basil, avacado, tomato wedges and spring greens to get started. Then an appetizer of pan seared scallops in a white wine reduction or if the mood is right a couple of lump crab cakes delicatly layed with Mango and green papya sauces.

For the main event, a pan fried striped bass in a red wine reduction, surrounded by fingerling potatoes and wild leeks.

YA RIGHT! ;)

Standard Oven Turkey and a smaller deep fried bird, fit in the sweet potatoes, custom stuffing and all the normal accessories while working hard toward the grand finale of homemade pies, ice cream and (for some bizzaro reason) cannolis'!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I will eat anything that is cooked. Our Turkey today will be cooked by the Amish.

Anyway...on top of my list...Sweet Potato cooked in Brown Sugar and Butter after the main course meal.

Tomorrow, someone should start a thread on WHO will be the biggest losser before summer time. :D

Ok folks. We still have lots of Turkey left. One whole Turley was still untouched inside the oven, when we left my parent's house. We have 2 more cooked Turkey inside the ref ready to go, but I think I will have to Freeze one and eat that next year. :witch_brew:

For Lunch, I'll have Turkey with Cranberry Sauce w/ a little bit of rice and fruit salad. I guess I will have to workout before the end of the day.

I like most everything but my favorite is always the dressing with Giblet gravy. Eileen is a great cook and does most everything. I make the Giblet gravy and this year smoked a turkey. Then we had all the old standards, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans with bacon, cranberry something or another....lots of other stuff but I don't even remember it all.

You know that's true!

One of my favorites is fried corn.

Every summer as the sweet corn's coming in Irene goes to a farm stand and buys what seems like half a truck full. We shuck it, she cuts it off the cob, and it's in bags in the freezer as quickly as we can get it there. (Trying to beat, as much as is possible, the sugar to starch conversion that goes on once it's picked.) Come Thanksgiving she pulls out a bag or three and fries it up with butter in a big cast skillet.

Wow.

OH BOY,, mom used to make fried corn for us as kids and I haven't had it since,, thanks for the reminder!!!

Chocolate pecan pie, cranberry relish, and turkey breast!

I like it all BUT I could be happy with nothing but the cornbread dressing. I love that stuff! And I like it best the way I make it. A lot of people use too much poultry seasoning and that just ruins it for me.

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2284416/cornbreaddressing-main_Full.jpg