IGNORED

Warrenty Issue with the Cassette Deck

Sleeperhawk

Did they void the warrenty due to the fact you removed the cassette.

Gregg

In all honesty, this is a good question. What, if any part of the warranty would change due to the needed modifications to install the gauges?

By the way, the gauge setup looks terrific - and even better in person (I've seen a few of them now)! :thumbsup2:

I really meant that as a joking question, I don't think they could void the warrenty because of gauge installation.

Gregg

I had assumed you were joking, which is why I phrased my question the way I did. I realize that the installation involves only replacing the 'plugs' for the coolant and oil gauges, and then running a set of electrical wires for the voltmeter. Obviously removing the cassette deck (which only involves unplugging it from the radio amp). So, I guess I do not see any rational reason to void the warranty based on that... But, I guess the question would have been better suited to ask if anyone has had a problem getting warranty work done as a result of the installation.

I had assumed you were joking, which is why I phrased my question the way I did. I realize that the installation involves only replacing the 'plugs' for the coolant and oil gauges, and then running a set of electrical wires for the voltmeter. Obviously removing the cassette deck (which only involves unplugging it from the radio amp). So, I guess I do not see any rational reason to void the warranty based on that... But, I guess the question would have been better suited to ask if anyone has had a problem getting warranty work done as a result of the installation.

Valid point, could depend on the dealer, some will try anything to avoid warrenty work, while other say it keeps them in business. Jim Martin told me one time that in hard times warrenty work helped pay the machanics.

Gregg

with add ons...

The only thing is, if they have to remove anything added to do warranty work, they charge extra to remove and re-install said items. Does not affect warranty unless add ons caused the problem. (according to dealer service mgr.)

PS. I found a use for part of the old cassette player.

[ATTACH]38823[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38824[/ATTACH]

Now that looks good!!!

with add ons...

The only thing is, if they have to remove anything added to do warranty work, they charge extra to remove and re-install said items. Does not affect warranty unless add ons caused the problem. (according to dealer service mgr.)

PS. I found a use for part of the old cassette player.

[ATTACH]38823[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38824[/ATTACH]