IGNORED

Harley License lights

Jerry W

I bought a set of Harley license lights to put on my 2006 RSV. The wiring diagram that obber sent me shows the wires on the Harley part being red or blue. The light I purchased has only one color wire on it and I am a little confused on how to wire it up to my RSV. Any of you have any suggestions? Thanks.:confused24:

My problem is all the wires on the Harley light kit are black, not red and blue as in the directions. I think I can figure out which element is brake and which is running, then determine which wire sends current to which filiment and work from there. Thanks for all your help.

Guest KitCarson
My problem is all the wires on the Harley light kit are black, not red and blue as in the directions. I think I can figure out which element is brake and which is running, then determine which wire sends current to which filiment and work from there. Thanks for all your help.
All harley wires are now black, this is to combat the oil slick left by blown head gaskets. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::big-grin-emoticon:

• 1 year later...
Has anyone added visors to the brake / running lights on the Harley license plate lights? If so, where can I get those? Preferably NOT H-D identified, Star if possible, but plain would be OK. I would like to put those on to match the others on the bike...

I don't think anything from Yamaha fits the HD lights. I bought visors from HD store but they have no identifying marking on them, just plain chrome.

Be careful they have some visors that fit lights with the screws on the top and bottom, while the other ones attach with screws on the left and right sides.

BOO

Don,

This is actually an old post from the maintenance day that kinda' fell apart last spring when the weather didn't cooperate. However, if you guys want to try it again, I will put one together. Probably need to try to get it going pretty soon before it starts getting cold. I could do one in October.

have i missed something here, this is the first i've heard of a tech day in north west texas? come on forret you holding out on the south texas bunch?:missingtooth:

don c.

Actually, this is from 2 years ago. That tech day came together pretty good.

Yes it was, cranial rectitus is alive and well. Anyway, if there is any interest, I will put one together at my place in October or November, depending on the weather and when folks can make it.

:doh:I apologize for resurrecting this old post. It was on the subject so I just linked off of it. I never thought about how confusing it could be... :whistling:

Thank you for the info BOO! I'll head the the HD store tomorrow morning.

Glad you did, it will pave the way for another maintenance day. You might look on ebay for the eyebrows for the Harley lights also.