Feels like I'm dropping em all. Kinda like an airplane that sputtering.

Sounds lke it's electrical. Maybe a bad pickup or TCI?? I'm sure there are a lot of other areas to look at, but that's a start... When it cuts out, does it backfire when it kicks in?? Something's breaking down somewhere??? I could even be a bad battery or stator. Not enough amps to fire the plugs at high end....??

I always have to throw this in, too, 'cause it happened to me. Take the top of your airbox off and filter out and run the engine. You'll have to work the throttle because it will not want to run with those off. As you blip the throttle hold a flashlight and watch to see if the emulsion tube on any of the carbs follows the needle back out. It'll look like a little gold sleeve that backs out when the diaphram pulls the slide and needle back out. We came back to Tennessee from South Dakota spitting and sputtering, getting around 20 to 25 mpg all because one of these loosened up and backed out. It is really simple to check, and if that is it, it is a pretty simple fix. Just my 2 cents...

I always have to throw this in, too, 'cause it happened to me. Take the top of your airbox off and filter out and run the engine. You'll have to work the throttle because it will not want to run with those off. As you blip the throttle hold a flashlight and watch to see if the emulsion tube on any of the carbs follows the needle back out. It'll look like a little gold sleeve that backs out when the diaphram pulls the slide and needle back out. We came back to Tennessee from South Dakota spitting and sputtering, getting around 20 to 25 mpg all because one of these loosened up and backed out. It is really simple to check, and if that is it, it is a pretty simple fix. Just my 2 cents...

This happened to me also. Just dumped fuel in the motor.

Thanks for the ideas. The emulsion tubes look fine. My charging gauge shows good, running to the upper end of the normal range. I have a K&N air filter and regularly run Seafoam and Motorkote. I've synced carbs and checked for any vac leaks. It starts and runs fine during normal riding situations.

This just showed up while trying to put a Big Dog chopper behind me.(which I did):cool10: