IGNORED

clutch lever adjustment

naturbar

i have nerve damage to left hand and significant strength loss as well. i would like the collective experience of you all help me decide the best course of action. let me preface by saying i really don't want an automatic clutch setup (at least not now). i can probably adjust the lever to where it actuates much closer to the grip, thereby reducing the length of stroke required to engage/disengage the clutch - does anyone see a drawback or potential long term problem with that? i know there is a ton of knowledge & experience in this group and i am counting on you guys & gals to get me back on my bike ......and thanks a ton in advance.

buz

You can buy a lever from another bike that is adjustable or an aftermarket that is adjustable. You might have to saw or grind off a tab and switch out the part that pivots to make it work , but it can be done.

tew47

The only Master Cylinder that i know of, which would fill your needs is a M/C from ISR Brakes. It's a swedish Company and those M/C's are designed to operate at first: adjusting the Lever/Force Ratio and second: adjusting the Lever Position to the Handle Bar.

There're NOT cheap, though. You can expect them to be in the 450 USD Area each.

http://www.isr-brakes.se/products/mastercylinders/21-012.shtml

or, operated with a external Reservoir this one ...

http://www.isr-brakes.se/products/mastercylinders/21-014.shtml

I have them on my '99 Max and i managed to get a Lot of them for my Vmax Buddies over here. Their Website is not up to date, but they have what you'll need, 17,5mm Piston Diameter for operating the Clutch Slave and available in both Handle Bar Diameters, 7/8"(1Gen) or 1 Inch(2Gen). You'll need one or even two hydraulic Switches to operate Starting the Bike in Gear and switching the Cruise Control if your Bike has this.

Naturbar, I get a lot of pressure on the nerves in my hands from using my elbow crutches every day, and then can be aggrevated when riding. Found these nerve protecting gloves and they help.

Take a look in............ http://www.QwiNerveProtector.com/MotorcycleGloves.html

They have been anatomically designed by an orthopedic surgeon.Their addy is Blytheville, AK

Hope this might help you ride :thumbsup2:

Most Kawasakis have adjustable levers, and I know the new Voyager has a hydraulic clutch. Not sure if the lever would fit, or if you would have to change the whole reservoir. But you might check out several of the Kaws, one of the levers off their bikes might fit..