IGNORED

trucks and the dragon

loadmaster

It will only get worse since I-40 will be closed for about 3 mos! At least it's about the end of riding season up there.

Why would they even think about taking 129? If they were going to use I40 to begin with, then go to I81 then I26 back to I40 or US74 through Maggie Valley to bypass the slide.

Why would they even think about taking 129? If they were going to use I40 to begin with, then go to I81 then I26 back to I40 or US74 through Maggie Valley to bypass the slide.

It adds about two hours to take this detour. But then it would probably add more than that going 129, but on the map it looks a lot shorter as they don't see the curves. We are already seeing a big jump in traffic in Johnson City, Tn, where I-26 goes thru.

RandyA

as you all know I drive a semi. I went on the dragon by mistake. It was horrible!!! More than once I thought I would not make it. I just don't understand why the sign says " NOT RECOMMENDED FOR TRUCKS" It should be restricted for trucks. Besides, by the time you see the sign, it is far to late to turn back. Believe me, the truck drivers do not want to be on that road either. If they do it once, they will never do it again. I'm for one will NEVER do that again.!!!!!

Having ridden the dragon last summer, (2 up), and really pushing my Venture. It scares the hell out of me to see these trucks on there.

I had no idea they could run it!

I will not run the dragon HARD again, which is sad, because I had soooo much fun doing it.

craigr

as you all know I drive a semi. I went on the dragon by mistake. It was horrible!!! More than once I thought I would not make it. I just don't understand why the sign says " NOT RECOMMENDED FOR TRUCKS" It should be restricted for trucks. Besides, by the time you see the sign, it is far to late to turn back. Believe me, the truck drivers do not want to be on that road either. If they do it once, they will never do it again. I'm for one will NEVER do that again.!!!!!

Now you've done the Tail the hard way - you should go back and do it on two wheels. Your a pro at it now! :rasberry::rotf::whistling: