IGNORED

wave question

footsie

The 'cool' wave is when you stand up and flail both arms (only one for beginners - so you can maintain control of your bike) in the air honk your horn and flash your lights :yikes:

What I would consider the 'nerdy' wave is when you use your left arm to the lower left with (what I typically see) two fingers held out.

:happy34:

I notice that it is usually the crotch rocket riders that make fun of the "wave".

Mostly I see people trying to wave without getting their hands torn off in the wind, so they go down or out a little where there is a pocket of still air.

I tend to just lift my left hand off the bar enough to be noticed so I am ready if I need to grab the bar! :)

If I am under cruise control, I will wave with my right hand behind the screen, nice and calm air, and a little different.

Was a warm day yesterday and on those really nice days inbetween a week or more of lousy weather here in Illinois that even the rocket and HD crowd wave to almost every rider. Even had a HD rider talk with me at a stop sign, although I couldn't hear what he was saying with my full face helmet on, still I nodded and smiled. Hope he wasn't putting my "ricer" down! :)

Wave however makes you feel good, don't worry about style.

I'll let you know Saturday afternoon ! Going to take the day off and go fishing in a tournament to benefit the USO . There will be many waves to choose from offshore . If any of them are better than others , then I will be surfing !

So hold your breathe until Saturday when I return to answer your question . :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

BEER30

The better question, how often do you catch yourself waving at motorcycles while driving the cage?

Come on, don't tell no fibs. I know you do it.:whistling:

It's funny. When I'm in my Teeshirt and my Tahoe, most will wave back.

But.... When I'm workin on Friday and Saturday I wear a black suit and tie, I drive either my Buick or the bosses cars ( CL-Mercedes or his wifes Bentley Mulsanne) I don't get anyone that waves back. :think: Mostly they just look at me funny.:Avatars_Gee_George:

This happened yesterday...

The weather was very iffy...forcast was for lots and lots of rain. I checked the weather and radar had the rain about 100 miles to the west from me so I decided to take that chance to get some miles on the local county roads while I had a chance.

I met one bike on a the highway and it was one of the different brand bikes...

Black Betty looks kinda like those different brand bikes with the passing lights and all from a distance.

As we approached each other I stuck out my hand and waved at him and he dropped his arm down low to wave and then quickly picked it back up...

Opps... Black Betty was not a different brand bike like his...

He turned his head to see what brand the Black Betty was and almost missed the next curve. :doh:

I about fell off laughing so hard at that fool. :rotf:

Edited by CMIKE

Heading south on PCH one evening on my 91, from a light with noone in front of me, I decided to go through the gears and shift at 6,000 RPM just for fun. Approaching 6,000 in 4th, I meet a guy on a V-twin and he waves. I instinctively drop my left hand off the bars and extend my arm to wave, at which time my arm almost comes off. I also noticed his eyes are kinda big as he passed in a flash looking my way. Looked down and I was doing 105 mph. Gotta pay better attention. Shifted into 5th and let her coast down a little.