IGNORED

Passing lamp spacer.

Wow que the eerie music!!! :fiddle:

I had to split the fairing on my bike this afternoon and was thinking I wonder where to get some spacers to set the passing lights out so I don't have to take them off. Oh well, at least now I have a neat new set of NAPA ball allen wrenches. :178:

If there is someone from this site making the spacers you need I will bow out. :confused24: But if they are no longer making them, or you can't get in touch with them I would be happy to help a fellow VR.ORG Member with these spacers. I do not own a Second Gen. so I will need Dimentions and material type, but if you can furnish me with this information, I can make anything you need. :thumbsup2:

Hope this helps,

Earl

Search the forum for light bar spacer:

I started here with good tips

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=236717#post236717]Moved here with more tips[/ame]:

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1656]And then would up here with pictures and more[/ame]

Not sure all of the "suppliers" are still around but I think good info in there regardless....

I had some spacers made up simply because they were hard to find. A friend I ride with is putting in a machine shop with his brother and I had them make some up. I haven't gotten around to putting them in the classified adds. I have $30 in the spacers, shipping can't be much.

I had some spacers made up simply because they were hard to find. A friend I ride with is putting in a machine shop with his brother and I had them make some up. I haven't gotten around to putting them in the classified adds. I have $30 in the spacers, shipping can't be much.

I have one of those spacer blocks but still can't get the thing to fit properly.. there is something wrong with the bolt holes on the bike that won't align properly.. This winter I plan to tackle it better and if it doesn't work then I'm ripping off the light bar and installing buckshee lights instead.. I have heavy vibes from the not perfectly tight light bar..

I have one of those spacer blocks but still can't get the thing to fit properly.. there is something wrong with the bolt holes on the bike that won't align properly.. This winter I plan to tackle it better and if it doesn't work then I'm ripping off the light bar and installing buckshee lights instead.. I have heavy vibes from the not perfectly tight light bar..

You didn't get one from me. The only ones I have sold were last Saturday. I don't know where yours came from, but don't blame me for something I had nothing to do with.

You didn't get one from me. The only ones I have sold were last Saturday. I don't know where yours came from, but don't blame me for something I had nothing to do with.

I don't think he was blaming you....he said he had one of "those" spacers, not one of yours. He also said that there was something wrong "with the bolt holes on the bike", not on the spacer itself.

I don't know why he quoted your post, but he has spoken about this problem at length on another thread and has never put the blame on the spacer but says there is something screwy with the holes on his bike.

Those bolt holes will shift slightly out of sync, especially if the steering head bearings were snugged down tighter. I found that the mounting points moved ever so slightly and I also had to clean out the thread by chasing it with a tap and then installing the bolt with some type of lube like a silicone spray. Once you do get them in with the spacer you most likely wont have to bother with it again.