IGNORED

Avon Venoms have become Cobras?

Dave77459

I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my bike this winter. In comparing the Avons & E3's, the E3's looks to have a heavier load rating. I've ran the E2's on my 1st Gen for years and been very happy with them. I'm going to E3's on the 2nd Gen.....:2cents::2cents:

As far as the load #,, the higher the better.. That is one of the reasons I like the Avons. And why I like the narrower front, it has a 74 load rating. There was no way for me and the wife and all are gear was under the load rating of the stock tires.

I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my bike this winter. In comparing the Avons & E3's, the E3's looks to have a heavier load rating. I've ran the E2's on my 1st Gen for years and been very happy with them. I'm going to E3's on the 2nd Gen.....:2cents::2cents:

Skid

According to the charts from both manufacturers, I see where the Avon has the higher load rating..

E3 - Rear size: MV85B15 has 77H - 910lbs

Avon - Rear size: 150/90B15 80H - 992lbs

Either one is fine with me, since I have run both.

Skid

According to the charts from both manufacturers, I see where the Avon has the higher load rating..

E3 - Rear size: MV85B15 has 77H - 910lbs

Avon - Rear size: 150/90B15 80H - 992lbs

Either one is fine with me, since I have run both.

I suppose I stand corrected. I must have read it wrong then...thanks George:thumbsup2:

Can anyone tell me if the mileage between the Avon Venon and the Dunlop E3 is much different?

Well, on the Venom rear averaging around 13000 to 14000, the E3 rear averaging 15000 to 16000. The front I always buy a new tire for every two rear tires, no matter the shape of the tires.