IGNORED

VMax engine setup?

Was on a group ride this weekend and someone mentioned about a cheap mod we can do on the Venture to gain a couple hp. He said the Vmax is (or was) already setup like this.

I don't remember the entire name but the last word was Ram. Something about tying the left 2 cylinders together and tying the right 2 cylinders together. Might be something as simple as taking a tube and connect to the spots where you connect the carbtune to.

He said it works great in warm weather but will take longer for the engine to warm up in colder weather.

Anyone heard of this? Not sure if I want to do this or not, but I would be interested in researching it at least.

Was on a group ride this weekend and someone mentioned about a cheap mod we can do on the Venture to gain a couple hp. He said the Vmax is (or was) already setup like this.

I don't remember the entire name but the last word was Ram. Something about tying the left 2 cylinders together and tying the right 2 cylinders together. Might be something as simple as taking a tube and connect to the spots where you connect the carbtune to.

He said it works great in warm weather but will take longer for the engine to warm up in colder weather.

Anyone heard of this? Not sure if I want to do this or not, but I would be interested in researching it at least.

Let's keep this info away from the 1st genners ... maybe once we get this mod done, we'll be able to smoke 'em and leave them scratchin their heads ... like "how'd that 2nd gen take me so easily?" .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :witch_brew:

Oh wait... am I admitting to something here? nnaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :eek:

Let's keep this info away from the 1st genners ... maybe once we get this mod done, we'll be able to smoke 'em and leave them scratchin their heads ... like "how'd that 2nd gen take me so easily?" .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :witch_brew:

Oh wait... am I admitting to something here? nnaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :eek:

Ain't Gonna Happen!!:rasberry:

That mod has been proven to be a joke. It supposedly emulates the V-boost system on a VMX. But those V-boost passages on the VMX are 32mm in diameter. An 1/8" line won't flow enough fuel and air to do anything. All it does is make the engine idle rough.

:sign yeah that: It's called the "Jason mod."

I have noticed that bike riders are a lot like pilots, they will try almost anything for improved performance. Or at least perceived improvements. Modifications and their benefits come and go.

When the Jason Mod started making the rounds it was claimed that you would get a small increase in low end torque. I actually made the change on my bike and thought I felt a difference, but it was very small. Others claimed more and less or none at all.

The mod consisted of running a vacuum line from the front cylinder to the rear on each side. If you wanted to retain the AIS you had to insert a "T" in the line and reconnect the existing hoses attached to the ports.

All I can say is get yourself 2 vacuum lines 2-3 inches long and give it a try. Takes about a minute to install. Just temporarily leave the AIS connections hanging, and go for a ride.

If you see a difference that you like leave it on, if not put it back to origonal.

If you decide to leave it on, either plug the AIS (see tech section) and disable it or install the "T"s and reconnect the AIS.

OOOOh YYYEHHH and ain't nobody gonna let you forget it:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: