IGNORED

installing Cb in my 85

PBJ

I bought a Midland Cb to go in my 85. I'm not overly electrical Hooking up the power will be no problem . Cutting the panel and fitting the radio in shouldn't be hard either. I also have a guy at a local cb shop that will help me install the antenna and set it up an swr meter.

What I'm not sure about is can I connect the cb to my radio speakers to hear through

them? pa system on the radio.That way I don't have to rely on the mike speaker? or should I just spring for a helmet speaker mike system?

If anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it. I;ve never had a CB on a bike before but now that I travel more with members with a radio I'd like to get into it. Any help out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took a few days of drilling, filing and sanding but the radio is in. I mounted it above the CLASS system where the original would have been but had to modify the cover and the interior box. I bought an inexpensive Midland unit that measures 4 1/2 in. wide by 1 3/4in. high. After cutting it slipped right in. Unfortunately the cover cracked right at the thinnest point in the bottom left hand corner. But I used a thin sheet of Aluminum to reinforce the corner buy gluing it into the corner and using the chrome pull bar to hold it in place.

Radios powered up and the antenna wire is in and the mounting is all done. Now I'm waiting on the antenna and the guy at the CB shop will use the SWR meter to adjust it for me.

Unfortunately I still am not sure how to run the CB through the radio 's speakers. I'm still hoping someone might be able to comment but if not, I'm hoping my CB guy will figure it out.

I've got a stand-alone unit in my bike, just tied it into the right dash speaker cause my right channel was out on the radio. I'll tell you right now, unless you're going slow, you won't be able to understand anything coming out of there. Get a headset to put on that and you might be alright.

I'm going with the J&M setup with the "communicator" box so I can bluetooth my phone into it along with the helmet sets. Tired of screwing with the factory stuff, even though I've got the factory CB, radio, amp and cordset already(also for sale!).

I've got a stand-alone unit in my bike, just tied it into the right dash speaker cause my right channel was out on the radio. I'll tell you right now, unless you're going slow, you won't be able to understand anything coming out of there. Get a headset to put on that and you might be alright.

I'm going with the J&M setup with the "communicator" box so I can bluetooth my phone into it along with the helmet sets. Tired of screwing with the factory stuff, even though I've got the factory CB, radio, amp and cordset already(also for sale!).

What kind of cords? I need cords.

the bikes got a radio and intercom with the wiring . I wasn't inclined to use it because rawhide is deaf and can't hear it anyway. we communicate by talking into the left mirror. But now that I have the CB I hope to get a head set that will allow me to hear it . The guy installing my antenna took out the radio to try and figure out how to connect the

CB to it but he wasn't sure at first glance. Thats why I was wondering if anyone had dropped in an aftermarket Cb and hooked it in. the radio does a pretty good job of sending out the music I thought they'd get the Cb out semi clearly.

So thats where I stand, no helmet mic and headset yet but if thats the only way to go that thats how i'll hook it up. I probably could use a mic wire if anyone has another to spare.