IGNORED

1983 VR For Sale

stewart1944

I live in Rome, Georgia and last week a woman saw my 2nd gen and told me her husband had a venture for sale. Today I had a chance to take a few pictures with my cell phone and talk with the son-in-law of the owner. It is a white Venture Royale and I am told it is a 1983. I saw some of the fairings that had been removed and the son-in-law said everything is there except for the headlght cowling. I have been told that the bike runs but the carbs need a lot of help and the starter solenoid is bad. The owner is bypassing the solenoid to start the bike. I didn't ask to start it because it was raining today and the bike is parked outside with a tarp covering it from the windshield to the trunk but not covering the sides or front forks/wheel. I pulled back the tarp for a few minutes to get the attached photos. The owner is asking $1000 but I suspect he will take less. This would probably be a good parts or project bike. Unfortunately I didn't get the mileage but I can get this if needed. I don't know much about what to look for on a 1st gen so please call me on my cell 706-346-1886 and I will try to get whatever info you need or I can provide the name and cell phone for the owner.

Quillian

With '83 runners selling in the $1300 to $1600 range, I wouldn't give more than $300 bucks for it. No telling what the real problem is, and it might be 2nd gear?? If it is second gear???......$150 - $200. It's a real gamble so be kind to yourself...

With '83 runners selling in the $1300 to $1600 range, I wouldn't give more than $300 bucks for it. No telling what the real problem is, and it might be 2nd gear?? If it is second gear???......$150 - $200. It's a real gamble so be kind to yourself...

:sign yeah that: I'm definitely with Jack on this, missing lower fairing legs and if it's been sitting outside you never know what the electricals like, I'd offer $300 and let him know why.