IGNORED

Trailer size

Godlover

If it is the all metal trailer with the ramp I have rented one a few times to transport my 2005 Venture. Plenty of room. Slippery when wet, I weight close to 300 lbs. and at times the bike may hit the bottom of the bike at the ramp edge but nothing ever damaged.

Cb

Since it continues to snow in Iowa I plan to rent a u-haul to go get the Venture I purchased. I can rent a 5X9 open trailer for $100. Can anyone tell me if the trailer is long enough? Thanks

I own a 6 x10 and it will haul two full dressers. You should have plenty of room!

Thanks - I need to haul it from Shreveport, La to Newton, Ia so the trailer should work. Weather here in Iowa is horrible - cold, rain and snow! I got a 2000 Millennium Venture with 13,000 miles. I was happy to find it as I had a 2000 Millennium and sold it 5 years ago and wanted to get back into what I had! :thumbsup:

A closed box (U-Haul type) will keep your new bike outta the weather, BUT watch the door clearance height as a lot of the smaller ones will NOT fit a Venture with the windshield attached... Just a thought

Nine feet long is enough, but ya will want to watch the "ramp angle" when loading/unloading.

Hey Mark,

U-Haul rents a trailer just for hauling motorcycles! I have attached two pics of it hauling a First Gen. and a Second Gen. The trailer is low to the ground so it is an easy load, it tows great, I am able to haul an 800 lb. bike with my V6 truck easily. And at $14.95 a day, you would be hard pressed to beat the deal. They even offer "Load Insurance" if for any reason something happens to the trailer or anything you are hauling, it's paid for!I use this trailer to haul bikes to and from my shop all the time. (30 plus uses) Only had a problem one time and the Ins. Covered it completely.

Check out the pics. If you book your Res. in advance, they will bring one in for you if they don't have one there. Even if you rent the larger trailer, Get the Ins. for the peace of mind.:thumbsup2:

Hope this helps,

Earl

I agree with the motorcycle trailer idea. Is the 5X9 you priced the actual inside dimension. I haven't measured a Venture, but the absolute minimum inside trailer length for my RSTC is 9'. I ended up buying a 5X12.

Also when loading and unloading crank the tongue up as high as possible (while still hooked to the tow vehicle) to keep the ramp/bed break over angle to a minimum. AND as already stated if what ever you get has a metal floor, be careful, 'cause it will be slippery, for both tires and feet!

Congrats on the new bike!!!:178: