IGNORED

New Lights

SilvrT

Canadian Tire has a new product line and I found these for $30 ... halogen 35watt. They look a lot better than the ones I had plus they're brighter. First pic is what I had.
The lens on those lights look like they would be flood lights with no discernible beam pattern. I bought some similar ones, different brand though, and found it difficult, actually impossible, to focus them low enough on the road so they would not blind oncoming traffic. This essentially made them good for driving lights only and had to be off for low beam usage around town. What have you found with the lights you have?

those look good Rick. Ive been looking for 35 w lights for awhile as my 55 w halogens really light up the road but I worry about charging limits.

I might have to give those a look.

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Brian

Back atcha Brian!

Since I don't do a lot of riding in the dark (now don't jump on that! lol), I'm not overly concerned about how they light up the road. Mostly there for whatever extra light they will give, the look, and so oncoming drivers can see me better.

There's maybe 4 other styles of this light product but I like the chrome ones.

I noticed also that Can Tire sells a similar horn as the Stebel Nautilus compact one but it's not chrome and they want $70.

those look good Rick. Ive been looking for 35 w lights for awhile as my 55 w halogens really light up the road but I worry about charging limits.

I might have to give those a look.

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Brian

Brian, why don't you just put in 35W H3 bulbs, as they are available.

Can you open up the lamps and post the numbers on the back of the bulb.

Then I could look it up in a catalog and find the beam pattern and light output, if it is listed....

I might.... later on during the winter when I have everything else dismantled for maintenance.

I've been wanting to put driving lights on mine, however I think yours looks great. I just might steal your idea. Awesome job with the lights!:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Thanks M8T ... and I'm not original on this one as I found where someone else on this site has used the same lights before me...I think they got theirs at WalMart.

Cool! Looks good :thumbsup2:

(Side question - is that you son's sportster in the background there?)

Yep... sure is... an '03 Anniversary Edition c/w stage 1 Screamin Eagle kit.

now thats the way a venture is supposed to look, all cover in bugs and stuff.

Oh, nice lights

:thumbsup2:

They look good ...but have you considered putting them where the refelters on the front fender is ??? I did and I think they look great snd they move when I turn the front wheel... Ron:thumbsup2: :scratchchin:

I did consider such a mounting location but I figgured they'd vibrate too much with the wheel.

The ones on top move with the steering, the ones on the bottom always point straight ahead so I got illumination everywhere LOL