IGNORED

From Flash41

Flash41

Hello to all. My name is Denny and I have been watching the most impressive forum site I have seen in a long time, congrats to all. I lucked out and bought my first Yamaha 3 months ago, just trying to find something to go riding with one of my kids. Turned out to be this '83 Royale with all the trimmings. Didn't know I was getting the best, strongest, and fastest dresser ever made (apologies to you second gen types). Fortunately bike had no major faults other than a few scratches and knicks and most of the side plastic is held on with cable ties, changed oil, filter, and synced the carbs and it runs like a top.

As I said I've been watching the site and feel like I already know a bunch of you. Seems the closest to me is Silver Deer on Camano Island. To the rest of you, Thanks for all the excellent info I've picked up, and thanks for NOT being a bunch of (fill in blank) like some of those HD drivers. Enough for now, but anyone in the area can give me a call and we'll work something out.

Hey Denny,

Welcome to the site! Actually there are quite a few members in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area that belong to Venture Riders. Problem is we are not as active here on the west coast (yet):stickpoke: as some of the no-coasters and east coasters, but we are working on it! We are in the EARLY planning stages for a Meet & Eat and Maint Day for Spring/Summer 2010 so we will see what happens.

Once again Welcome to Venture Riders!

:rudolf:

silverdeer

Welcome to the real world of motorcylces! Just please tell me the bike isn't blue! We have enough fun with the 2nd gen guys but man....you say blue and Yammer just......well he yammers about blue ALL the time!

And Yammer I wanted you to see this pic because you will ONLY be reading it from the BEHIND the bike. LOL!

And by the way flash....judging from your profile pic.....you are a full fledged member here already.

Hello to all. My name is Denny and I have been watching the most impressive forum site I have seen in a long time, congrats to all. I lucked out and bought my first Yamaha 3 months ago, just trying to find something to go riding with one of my kids. Turned out to be this '83 Royale with all the trimmings. Didn't know I was getting the best, strongest, and fastest dresser ever made (apologies to you second gen types). Fortunately bike had no major faults other than a few scratches and knicks and most of the side plastic is held on with cable ties, changed oil, filter, and synced the carbs and it runs like a top.

You even got the fastest of the family, one with the 1200 CC motor AKA Mk1 :thumbsup2:

First of all welcome to the family. I can see you're gonna fit right in here. Jumped right in on the 1st gen 2nd gen thing. Hope you have many happy and safe miles on your new girl.

Margaret

Yup, he is off to a good start......... :rotf::rotf::rotf::canada: