IGNORED

need lower rear shock bolt

Grandpagak

I need a lower shock bolt.. the long one that goes thru the bottom of the shock.. I was wondering if any one has one that they would be willing to part with.. i have all of the bushings but my bolt is stripped on the end where the treads are.. it is for an 86 venture royale..:smile11::smile11:thanx

You might take it to a Lowes or another hardware store and try to match it up. You could even swap it to a standard (US) thread bolt.:080402gudl_prv:

Wait. I may be speaking out of turn. Does it have a nut on it or does it screw into a socket??

Has Yamaha stopped parts support for the 1st gen bikes??????

They're not making parts any longer, but there are still quite a few left in the distribution pipeline. Once they're gone...they're gone. No company is going to support a product that's 25+ years old. :backinmyday:

I need a lower shock bolt.. the long one that goes thru the bottom of the shock.. I was wondering if any one has one that they would be willing to part with.. i have all of the bushings but my bolt is stripped on the end where the treads are.. it is for an 86 venture royale..thanx[/QUOTE]

Gary, I may have a bolt off an '88 shock. I'll check into it once I get back from taking Mama to the kidney stone removal shop. It'll be later on this afternoon....

BTW I got the rectifier OK....

I've been looking in my stuff and haven't found a extra one yet but I'm still looking.

OK Gary. Which one do you need? The 6" one that fits in the yoke, or the smaller one up on the frame and near the dampner adjustment end??. I have the long one.

They're not making parts any longer, but there are still quite a few left in the distribution pipeline. Once they're gone...they're gone. No company is going to support a product that's 25+ years old. :backinmyday:

Was the last production year 1984 or 1998

It screws into a collar on the right side, of the suspension linkage.

I know that I'm a 2nd Genner, BUT, I do like to problem solve.

If you cant find one and worse comes to worse, could you use a longer bolt, cut the extra off leaving enough to put threads on, and use it as a stud??? Or even check with some of the companies like McMaster-Carr and see if they have a stud that would work... :confused24: :confused24: :confused24:

Just throwing ideas around cause I'm stuck in the house looking after the Warden.:stickpoke: :bawling:

I need a lower shock bolt.. the long one that goes thru the bottom of the shock.. it is for an 86 venture royale..thanx

OK Gary. Which one do you need? The 6" one that fits in the yoke, or the smaller one up on the frame and near the dampner adjustment end??. I have the long one.

By the sounds of it, the one going through the shock & suspension linkage, but the collar is still listed as available.

It's not showing as being available

Geeze, now I'm getting confused. The one in the pdf file that Rocket posted for the '86 is a long bolt. In the one I took the pic of, the bolt's only about 3" long and screws into that larger cross piece. I may not have what I thought was an '88 swingarm/shock assembly. Gary, if the one I have is the one you need I'll send it to you, but I just wanna make sure....

OK I just took a look at swing arm assemblies from an '83, '86, and 88. There is a difference between the '88 and '86, and I do have the '88. Now I don't know if they're interchangable or not, but as it looks right now there is a difference. Anyone know if they're interchangeable?? The '88 looks a lot beefier....

Edited by Condor