IGNORED

free phone wnated

barend

I'm looking for a old Verizon phone, the idea is to activate a new line on my account and transfer my business landline to it to save some $$$. The phone needs to be able to make one (yep, one) call, and one call only as I plan on routing all traffic to my cell phone. After that, the screen can go blank, the battery c an die, the keys can get stuck and anyting else that can go wrong.

Since I am doing this the "frugal way" anyone within, say SC, western NC, Northern Ga or eastern TN, preferred so I can basically get it at one of the M&E's. that don't work I suppose a padded enveloppe would work too. I can get a $20 phone from Verizon but don't want to sign a contract.

If you have one, or know someone who has one; great! If not, Oh well!!

dont know if it will work for yoou but I have the old alltel I-850 I think it is taht you are welcome to have. Let me klnow if this will work for you. I was still using it after verizon took over Alltel the wife and I just decided to upgrade. My wife just told me you could have her old alltel Hue also.

Let me know

David

Is that one of them phones that hang on the wall and you have to push a button and then turn the crank to call the neigbours?????? or if you wanted to call someone a little further away you had to let the community blab in on the news first???? I remember them phones!!!!!!

Barend,

If you don't take bongobobny up on his offer, the next best way to get a real cheap phone is to go to eBay, do a search for "Verizon no contract phones" and see what pops up (I just got 113 results doing a search!).

I have bought all my phones for the last several years this way (I'm on Sprint), rather inexpensively, since I'm not currently willing to be on a contract for service.

TERRY