IGNORED

2nd gen wont start........

I know I have been away for awhile, but I have a problem with my 2nd gen. I went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't start. It turns over, but will not stay started for more than about 15-20 seconds. I started it at full choke and it seemed fine and then just kind of fizzled out, it seems like a fuel problem. It cranks fine, and turns over fine the 1st couple of trys, but just won't keep the rpm's and when I cut the choke back it dies. I have not had any problems with starting until this and it had only been 1 week since I last rode with no problems. I have about 80 miles on this tank of gas and thinking that it may be the fuel filter or a batch of bad gas. Any ideas?

I would drain the carb bowls, then pull the fuel line off the petcock and stick it in a cup of straight Sea Foam and turn the key switch on, let it suck the Sea Foam into the carbs. See if you can get it to fire off with the Sea Foam. Let it sit over night. Might clean things up, sounds like your carbs are just gummed up.

I am sure others will chime in too.

I have an 07 midnight and the fuel pump went out. I have also changed the fuel filter, plugs and everything. Have you checked the fuel pump? does it click when you turn the key on?

My fuel pump went out on my 06. After I took it in to the Yammie dealer they said 4 mmore have came in 06-08s. To find out try taking off the left side cover, the fuel pump is behind it. Lightly tap it with a screwdriver handle. If it starts pumping the pump is going south. It may have completely quit as well. If so, when you turn on the bike the pump should pump up, if not, problems.:2cents:

Is the petcock in the open position?????????

I wouldn't do anything to it except get it to the dealer. It is under warranty. Why spend your time and money trying a dozen different things to see if any of them will get it running. Let the nechs at the dealership worry about that....

Edited by davecb
add info

Ok, this morning I tried starting it again and it was weak at first but after about 1 minute she picked up and seems to be running normal again. I guess whatever was gumming the carbs moved out, but I will get some seafoam and put in it and let it sit over night and then take her for a long ride tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Ok, this morning I tried starting it again and it was weak at first but after about 1 minute she picked up and seems to be running normal again. I guess whatever was gumming the carbs moved out, but I will get some seafoam and put in it and let it sit over night and then take her for a long ride tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas guys.

If you unhook the line to run the Sea Foam in mix it with a little gas. They don't like refiring on pure Sea Foam. You will get some smoke from the Sea Foam but nothingto worry about. Either run in in almost full strength by unhooking the line and sucking it into the carbs or run tank below 1/4 and add whole can to it run it for a while and leave sit overnight and run as low as you can before refilling. I'll bet the difference will suprise you.