IGNORED

Slight Wobble In Turn

Whitlow

I checked the tires they look good and I have no idea about the psi in the shocks. Is that the cause of this in most cases?

It can be, just ask Black Owl about going into a curve with a bad fork seal

:whistling:

Seriously though, it will absolutely affect the handling of the bike if they are not the same. I usually kept my front shocks at about 5 psi and the rear at about 35 psi. Make sure the tires are properly inflated, you would be amazed at just a few simple things will make the bike respond well.

The zero loss hand air pump is a must for all G2 owners. NEVER try to fill the front forks with an air compressor, always with a hand pump

http://www.onestopmoto.com/product_p/gp-ns-00.htm

There are lots of possible issues that will cause that problem. One easy item to check is the forks, as other have said. Just let all the air out of both.

In over 90,000 miles I have noted that both my RSVs have been very sensitive to proper tire pressure. BOTH over inflation AND under inflation can cause this problem. Although each tire combination is different, generally I find that 48 lbs is max acceptable pressure on the 80H rear tires that have a max pressure of 50 lbs. For the 74H tires with max pressure of 40 lbs, keep them at 40. Front tires should generally be about 36 lbs.

I must admit that I do not check my tire pressure as often as I really should. After letting the bike sit for about 3 weeks while I was off doing other things, I noted several times that it seemed to wallow a bit in long sweepers, and slow speed handling was a bit heavy. Before taking off on a long weekend run I checked the tires - both front and rear were about 5 lbs low. After putting them back where I normally keep them, all handling issues were back to normal.

After the simple issues of fork pressure and tire pressure, then tire wear is the next primary culprit. Worn front tires that are no longer shaped with a smoothly rounded profile often cause this problem. Worn square profile rear tires with a flat center cause really nasty handling issues, but not often a head shake. Finally, steering head bearings and swing arm bearings are the other major things to check. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I don't know about "wobble" but mine sure seems to have some kind of "flexing" going on when I take a corner fairly "hot" and there's some bumps or dipping in the road. Gets a little unnerving to say the least.

Checked steering head. That sounds like it could be tire too. How is it wearing??

Checked steering head. That sounds like it could be tire too. How is it wearing??

dunno... haven't tried it on yet but I think the waist is a bit too big for me... :rotf:

Actually, it was showing signs of cupping and when I talked to the dealer's mechanic he suggested putting 2 more lbs of air above factory spec. Interestingly enuf, the front is wearing faster than the rear. (these are the stock tires). I've got appx 18,000 kilometers on them and the front is almost worn out. The rear looks pretty good still.

I'll be checking the steering head this winter. I only have 2 more weeks of insurance left so ain't gonna worry about it until after then.