IGNORED

Long Ride

Goofeychuck

Have fun, be safe.

I take some long rides and I always drink quite a bit of water if the weather is hot but it looks like you are in good shape this time of year.

Take a snack and bottled water just in case you have a flat in a remote location.

750 miles......you must be heading to Texas!

Drink plenty of water

take an extra 10 min after fuel up to stretch

I always try to fuel up just before going thu a large city, nothing worse than stuck in traffic jam and low on gas. I hate getting off inside a city for fuel.

Just relax and enjoy--if you ride stiff, you tire more quikley

Check out the 2 lane state rts. sometimes its only a few miles more and maybe 1/2 hr. longer ride. ( If you have the time )

Enjoy your first long trip :thumbsup:

Leave at Sun Up and be done and off the road BEFORE Dark. Do the math for your area for Hours and minutes of daylight? If unable to do all in daylight then get good night sleep and leave before Sunrise when your most alert and not late eve and dark when most fatigued.

Ride Safe :):080402gudl_prv:

:rain2:

I used to bundle up in rain gear when it looked like rain. Now, as long as I'm not in stop & go traffic, I don't bother. If you're going freeway speeds, at least on a G2, you don't get very wet. I assume its the same on a G1 or just about any touring bike.

We went though Denver a couple weeks ago and the rain was blowing sideways and cold. Never got wet.

Ponch

Ride with a friend if possible. There is strength and motivation in numbers. Keeping an eye out for someone else makes the miles go by quickly. Gold Bond Powder to keep you dry. Beaded seat, a butt massage every time you shift position. Drink plenty of water and stretch often. 750 miles on an RSV is only 3 1/2 tanks of gas, not even a full day. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!