I know this has all been answered however I would really like some fresh comments for the following:

1. Does having the K&N filters and bubs slip on's require any jetting?

2. On the Bubs site, they only show "BUB Sleeper slip-on mufflers for the Yamaha

Venture."

Is this the only one that people are getting for the RSV's

3. A lot of people here have said they like the bubs but were too loud and took them off.

On the Bubs site, they mention "The mufflers have removable baffles that can be

packed to control your sound levels"

If this is the case, why are people taking them off instead of adjusting the sound level?

Does this procedure ruin the sound?

Thanks to everyone that helps me with this.

Greg

Wow, I'm surprised to hear (read), that some think the BUBs are too loud.

For me they are just right. I have always thought my stock exhaust made my Venture sound 'like a sewing machine'. - One step up from a Goldwing.

I don't find my BUBs annoying at highway speeds, and really don't notice them unless I listen for them or accelerate. - My wife really loves the 'bark' when I jump on it.

So far, I plan to keep mine just as they are.

I don't know about the K&N part, but am anxious to see the coming replies.

craigr

I had them and the end-caps flaked badly after a couple months. the co. refused to stand behind them so I would never recommend them.

If you find a good after market pipe, say a samson, or somethig else, do not re-jet unless absolutely your bike wont run. You might have to plug off the 2 AIS pumps if you get back-fire though.

good luck.

ron

I have them and love the sound, I do not find them loud, however Naugh-T does not liek to follow me she can't hear her music. I have heard some people think they are loud but nothing like some of the other aftermarkets.

No rejetting required and I too have K&N's.

GaryN repacked his and it did not change the nice sound, actually I never noticed a difference. He said there was.

Brad

Star, It depends on the type of riding you do also

I have Bubs on mine, and yes the end caps flaked, and I painted them flat black, and love it.

Around town, I love the sound. They have a nice deep rumble, but do open up when your on the throttle.

On some of my other bikes, the mufflers would get quieter at highway speeds, but with the Bubs, they really don't. I found by wearing ear plugs on long rides ( 200-300 miles per day) help. Anything less then 200 miles, they don;t bother me, but when I'm on the bike all day it gets to me.

My VYX had Bubs also, and that were really loud. Then I put V&H big shots on my VTX, and rode 13 hours from Florida to Alabama, with a half helmet on, no ear plugs, and yes, I took aspirin all day :)

I've heard 6 different pipes on the RSV, and my personal opinion is, I bought the Bubs, because they weren't to loud, where you couldn't hear the radio or the passenger etc, but they gave the bike a nice deep rumble

FYI, you can get a pair of HD mufflers off any HD touring bike, and with the brackets they sell on here for around $45.00 bolt them up. I found they also sounded really good for allot let $$$. FYI, stay away from HD's screaming eagles, as they are loud

If you do allot of smaller rides ( less then 100 miles ) on the weekends, with a trip maybe once a month or so, doing longer rides, I think the Bubs sounds the best for all around

If you do a ton of highway driving, commuting, etc, and ride allot of longer rides, I would go with HD's mufflers, as they have a lower rumble on the RSV, and don't bark as much

I only had to turn the radio up a notch or two, and can talk to my wife all day with no problems with the Bubs.

Another consideration is if you wear a half helmet, or 3/4, or full, as that will also help with the sound.

We wear half helmets 80% of the year, being we live in FL

On the longer trips, 200 miles + in a day, I always wear the 3/4 helmet with the face shield, to help buffer the Bubs, and have no complaints from my wife

Me personally, I love LOUD pipes, but my wife hates them. For us, the Bubs were a good comprise. She never complains about them. Only once after riding 500+ miles in a day, she said her ears rang Little

No regetting, there slip on mufflers, allot of times you only need to rejet when you change the entire exhaust system. Bolt them on and go

Good luck with your choice

Yamahamer, good video, love the roads, and the sound is right on :)

Thanks a lot FL. Very nice detailed reply. I am pretty sure I am sold on the Bubs. I had Hard Chromes on my Roadstar and the wife always complained or she wouldn't ride with me. ( Mmmm, never mind ) :hihi:

Brad at Bub told me that if they flake, they will honor warranty. However, painting the tips flat black would look pretty good. Don't suppose you could email me some photos and maybe even a sound file?????

Wish I was in Florida. Starting to get cool up here.

I have Bubs on mine, and yes the end caps flaked, and I painted them flat black, and love it.

Thanks a lot FL. Very nice detailed reply. I am pretty sure I am sold on the Bubs. I had Hard Chromes on my Roadstar and the wife always complained or she wouldn't ride with me. ( Mmmm, never mind ) :hihi:

Brad at Bub told me that if they flake, they will honor warranty. However, painting the tips flat black would look pretty good. Don't suppose you could email me some photos and maybe even a sound file?????

Wish I was in Florida. Starting to get cool up here.

Hey no problem, I know what you mean, I had HK-3's on my VTX also, and my wife wouldnt ride in the back with them , and the Bubs , they were to loud on the X :)

I'll see if I can get some pics for you this weekend

PM me your email address

As Brad T said above, I have repacked mine and it did quiet them down a bit. They will still talk pretty good when you get on it though.

As for the flaking tips. I replaced them with some HD fishtail tips. They have several other styles that would work too but it does take some work to do the swap.

I have the bubs and both my wife and I love them. We're from the late 60's muscle car era and the bubs give us the sound that we miss.

We don't find them annoying on the highway at all.

Annoying was the drilled out baffles on our Valkyrie. The steady drone on the highway drove us crazy.

My tips are starting to flake and when they look like chit I'll paint them black.

had the bubs for several years, and several sets of peeling chrome tips..

and after several factory tip replacements, i took a peeling set to the local chrome shop and he explained the poor chrome process from bubs, and striped and tripple plated with copper and then tripple chrome plated for a lasting chrome shine!!!

never found a pipe that sounds as nice.

mike

I just took mi Sleepers off this morning, guess I'm getting old. I'm going to put an add on here $300 + shipping. They were new in spring '08, in great shape and have new tips. (Bub replaced them this spring because of the flacking off of chrome.) If your interested send me an email or pm.