IGNORED

'96 Royal Star Clutch replacement.

Jerry W

Squid's right. They're exactly the same thing as the 2nd gen Venture, and I don't know that the 1st gens are all that different either. You shouldn't need to replace the whole clutch though. I would recommend an upgrade kit like the one from PCW. I did that one last Spring myself when my clutch started slipping under hard throttle. It had then about 55,000 miles on it. My clutch is fine. It just needed a fresh spring in it.

Squid's right. They're exactly the same thing as the 2nd gen Venture, and I don't know that the 1st gens are all that different either. You shouldn't need to replace the whole clutch though. I would recommend an upgrade kit like the one from PCW. I did that one last Spring myself when my clutch started slipping under hard throttle. It had then about 55,000 miles on it. My clutch is fine. It just needed a fresh spring in it.

possibly a light scuffing with emery paper of the friction discs might help as well.?

possibly a light scuffing with emery paper of the friction discs might help as well.?

Thats what I do with everyone I do, 400 grit wet sand and just enough pressure to take the glaze off. I install the original disc's back in and remove the half disc in the back and replace it with a full one that the kit includes.

So....the thinking is that all we need to replace is the spring? Should we hit the plates with 400 grit to remove any glaze or just replace the spring and button it back up?